Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by edumariano View Post
Thanks knc1,

I`ll try to detail a little better.

I did all the procedures.
I installed the version PW4: 5.10.1.3: (factory_PW4_5.10.1.3_initial)
then I did the JB using the main-htmlviewer.tar.gz method.
After that I did the JB Fix.
At which point you should have install your choice of customer firmware.
Only our add-ins are intended to work on "factory ... initial" firmware.
Use Amazon's update page for your PW4, edit the version string to your intended package (all are on the Amazon servers), install that.
Quote:

Installed the mrpi and the Kual (via ;log mrpi).
After that I installed the Koreader (put the packages onto root dir) and open it on Kual.

It worked, but could open any epub file. It keeps loading forever.

On the Kindle default App, they got the error message that application could not be open. ( Sorry my english)
Those problems are fixable.

Please provide the first six characters of your Kindle's serial number.
With that information, someone should be able to guide you on fixing things.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #62
edumariano
edumariano began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW4
Thanks again,

The SN digits are G000PP

Please provide the first six characters of your Kindle's serial number.
With that information, someone should be able to guide you on fixing things.[/QUOTE]
edumariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #63
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
After that I installed the Koreader (put the packages onto root dir) and open it on Kual.

It worked, but could open any epub file. It keeps loading forever.

On the Kindle default App, they got the error message that application could not be open. ( Sorry my english)
By any chance did you install the KOReader/KPV Booklet version? Because afaik, that hasn't worked in quite a while.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:01 PM   #64
edumariano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
By any chance did you install the KOReader/KPV Booklet version? Because afaik, that hasn't worked in quite a while.
I use this version: koreader-kindlepw2-arm-kindlepw2-linux-gnueabi-v2019.06
Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 PM   #65
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Do you have python installed? I think it may be a dependency.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 01:42 AM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not for KOReader, no .

A KOReader crash.log might be helpful, though.

What may happen on Kindle if you happen to have a few mobi files around, which is something far likelier to happen on Kindle than anywhere else, is the metadata parsing crashing. This is done in the background, and will ultimately give up on its own, but it may affect the main process nonetheless because reasons, and that may end up crashing when trying to open a genuinely perfectly sane file.

That said, I only ever really managed to produce crashes like that on really really slow devices (think k2 or k3) with really old or encrypted mobis. Stuff's usually back to normal on a subsequent startup, though.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #67
edumariano

thanks guys,

I tryed to push the consumer FW on the kindle, and the problem still around.
Maybe my unit had some problem.

I didnt notice this problem before, but I only opened two books on it. Maybe I have to send it back to the store and exchange to a new unit.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #68
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks guys,

I tryed to push the consumer FW on the kindle, and the problem still around.
Maybe my unit had some problem.

I didnt notice this problem before, but I only opened two books on it. Maybe I have to send it back to the store and exchange to a new unit.
Which "consumer FM"?
This is a technical forum, you really need to give technical details.

Once you installed the consumer firmware, did you then follow the directions to re-install all add-ins?
It does not read as if you have done that yet.

Or maybe you have two "bad" books.

Try a book that someone else already knows for a fact that the Kindle with KOreader can handle.

Last edited by knc1; 06-18-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, we really can't tell you much more than that without KOReader's crash.log (and possibly one in verbose debug mode, but we'll cross that bridge later).
Old 06-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #70
edumariano

Hi guys,

Sorry about my poor information in previous posts.

The Consumer FW that I used was update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2_5.10.1.3.bin, from amazon servers.

I recorded the error, and upload the video.
As you can see, the error was present even when I tried to open the UserManual file.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgTCtct853qsgp5M...uJZNQ?e=yIaSiv
Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #71
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Hi guys,

Sorry about my poor information in previous posts.

The Consumer FW that I used was update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2_5.10.1.3.bin, from amazon servers.

I recorded the error, and upload the video.
As you can see, the error was present even when I tried to open the UserManual file.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgTCtct853qsgp5M...uJZNQ?e=yIaSiv
I have never seen that before, even when I guess at the fuzzy language.

Unless someone else can spot the problem, I think it is time to return the device as a failure.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #72
edumariano

Thanks by your time and help,

I sent it back to the store this morning, because I cant figure out if its a hardware problem or not. Before that I tried to reset 2 ou 3 times, and every time the problem came back.

The error message says: "The selected application could not be started. Try again", and after that the kindle freezes. I only found some reports about that error, but without freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I have never seen that before, even when I guess at the fuzzy language.

Unless someone else can spot the problem, I think it is time to return the device as a failure.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #73
susmoka
Enthusiast
susmoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have a facory condition Kindle that I just unpacked, it’s running firmware 5.11.0 and I want to jailbreak it.
I move the Merchant.zip into the root folder, and search for ;merchant after unplugging the Kindle, but is does nothing. Why is it not working for me?
The Kindle is completely new, haven’t even registered it or connected it to the wifi, it’s in factory state. Thanks in advance

Last edited by susmoka; 07-08-2019 at 05:45 PM.
susmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #74
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@susmoka: You failed to follow step 1.

I have 114 (and growing, there's apparently going to be a metric shitton of KOA3 variants) different models to sort through, so, "Kindle", is a wee bit vague.

EDIT: At a glance, my best guess would be: OOB != factory FW. You need a factory FW, not simply an OOB device. Because that would be too easy .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-08-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #75
susmoka
Enthusiast
susmoka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@susmoka: You failed to follow step 1.

I have 114 (and growing, there's apparently going to be a metric shitton of KOA3 variants) different models to sort through, so, "Kindle", is a wee bit vague.

EDIT: At a glance, my best guess would be: OOB != factory FW. You need a factory FW, not simply an OOB device. Because that would be too easy .

Sorry, it’s a Kindle 9, and it came with the firmware 5.11.0 so I assumed it’s the factory FW?
susmoka is offline   Reply With Quote