Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-30-2022, 07:54 AM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Feature request: adjust warm light

I love using KOReader in two page mode on my jb KOA3! Finally, I have it set up the way I want it.
I used to use it on Kobo, where it had the ability to adjust the warm light by sliding up and down the right hand side of the screen.

Can this be added to the Kindle version?
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:43 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Wait a little bit
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9054
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 03:15 PM   #3
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Oh wow, amazing!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:45 AM   #4
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Would it be possible to add a Status bar refresh after closing the front light widget? Now the changes are not reflected on the status bar, a manual full refresh or a page turn is necessary.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 06:49 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Any and all frontlight changes should immediately notify the footer (with a possible exception of a swipe in the brightness bar), so I'm unclear on what exactly you're doing and why you're talking about *closing* the widget .

(Also, the exact device you're using would be helpful, as there may be platform-specific quirks involved, especially as far as refresh optimizations are concerned).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-07-2022 at 06:51 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:52 AM   #6
LittleBiG
Zealot

I deliberately wrote this into this topic, because this is a KO3 with the latest nightly build (0057). The notification you mention doesn't happen at all. I set the frontlight using the Frontlight menu. Kindle Oasis 3 firmware is 5.14.3. but I am not sure if it matters.
The toggle button or the frontlight level change doesn't invoke the status bar refresh. But if I use a gesture for "toggle frontlight", the status bar is refreshed as expected.

Last edited by LittleBiG; 05-08-2022 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:04 AM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
I deliberately wrote this into this topic, because this is a KO3 with the latest nightly build (0057). The notification you mention doesn't happen at all. I set the frontlight using the Frontlight menu. Kindle Oasis 3 firmware is 5.14.3. but I am not sure if it matters.
The toggle button or the frontlight level change doesn't invoke the status bar refresh. But if I use a gesture for "toggle frontlight", the status bar is refreshed as expected.
Yup. Currently gestures work (by default: vertical swipe on left to change frontlight, vertical swipe on right to change warmth), but the FL widget doesn't update values.

Patches welcome. In the mean time you can save a few seconds by using gestures directly
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:39 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh, so it did.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9084
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:19 AM   #9
LittleBiG
Zealot

Thank you, I can confirm that it works as expected in the today build (63).