Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #61
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
And the circus continues...

Quote:
Kevin Harrison 3 hours ago

Order 96. How much extra do I have to pay to get it? This is embarrassing!

Kent Larsson 3 hours ago

Your communication with the backers is really terrible. You should setup something where I can see where I am in the queue to get my reader sent to me, so I can see that things are progressing. And if I send a message, no answer. When investing over 700$ I would expect much more.

David Heydon 14 hours ago

My order I’d is 189, any news on when I can expect to receive it?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments
Now, my Onyx Max did linger in customs for a while. Still not entirely sure why. Originally UPS had said it had something to do with the documentation and the valuation. However, the paperwork which came with the Max, which was finally released yesterday, all seemed to be in order...

Although waiting for the the Max to be released from customs was frustrating, I knew exactly where it was. I could and did phone up UPS at any time to see if there were any further news in regard to the package. Booxtor was also very prompt in replying to a couple of emails I sent his way.

Communication is key. If they can't even send out emails in an orderly fashion or respond to simple questions, how will they be able to manage the problems which will arise and are arising as people begin to use their devices? Or should I say, those fortunate enough to receive their devices. After all, how could someone whose order was apparently #96 not know where his ereader is when they have allegedly sent hundreds out? Boggles the mind.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #62
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems that they have been busy deleting posts over on Indiegogo again. Does that mean that they are resolving the issues which led to the posts?

One would like to hope so. However, given this recent post over on their "support" page, I rather suspect not:

Quote:
David Feig • 2 hours ago

so...my device was returned and delivered to goodereader feb 17th. I have yet to get any emails from Peter or Michael since then. As you have had the device for a month, and I have an email from Peter confirming the device was defective, I would like my refund.

http://goodereader.com/blog/good-e-reader-13-3-support
Wonder how long until it also disappears... Not what I would call effective customer service.

I wonder how many backers they would now get were they to start a new campaign for a second generation model. Not many, I wouldn't think. Which is sad because it would be nice to see a viable competitor out there driving innovation.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #63
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
And the circus continues...

Although waiting for the the Max to be released from customs was frustrating, I knew exactly where it was.
And your rants continue...
Your profile shows you've posted 67 times on this site and ONLY 29 posts in this thread. This thread has 62 posts in total. Well done.
One would think that after you've decide to go for Onyx Max your soul would be in peace. Not the case.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #64
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
And your rants continue...[
Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide a definition of the word "rant"...

Quote:
Your profile shows you've posted 67 times on this site and ONLY 29 posts in this thread. This thread has 62 posts in total. Well done.
One would think that after you've decide to go for Onyx Max your soul would be in peace. Not the case.
Yes, I followed the GoodeReader campaign closely as I was extremely interested in just such a device. More so than the Max because the Netronix device has touchscreen capabilities.

Yes, I eventually opted for a Max given how things have played out with the GooeReader device and the whole way in which their campaign has been handled. And, yes, so far I am well pleased with the decision I made.

Having followed the GoodeReader campaign as closely as I have for close to a year, am I suddenly to forget all about it? I continue to be interested in how things turn out and am fascinated by how they have (mis)handled a successful campaign. It's kind of like, after having spent so much time watching a bad TV show, you are curious to see how much worse it could get and how it might end.

Do you only post in threads for which you have that device? If so, you would seem to have a good few devices...

Curiously, on another thread related to the GoodeReader device, you accused me of ranting on about the device when I only had 7 posts in that thread. You suggested that I post over here instead, even though that thread was specifically concerning the GoodeReader...

And yet, when I post over here, that also seems to displease you. It would seem that, for some reason best known to yourself, you would like to silence comments critical of the GoodeReader device or their campaign. Not sure why.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #65
Question Mark
Wizard

Well, a recent update to their Indiegogo page explaining about the shipping process has done much to quench the fires which were threatening to burn out of control.

Such a simple thing to do, which numerous backers had been clamouring for for weeks. It's amazing what a little bit of communication can do.

Quote:
Hey guys, i wanted to give a little update regarding the shipping situation on the Good e-Reader 13.3.

We shave shipped out close to 250 units so far, most of them were shipped in the order they were placed. In some rare cases some of the older orders were not shipped out because the user failed to get in touch with us regarding their correct address or to confirm the details of their order.

Whenever we place an order with our manufacturing partner it normally takes 2-3 months for them to be put on the assembly line and then shipped out to us. Our device is not a cookie cutter six inch e-reader that can be made quickly, the 13.3 is complicated and the last thing we want to do is rush the process and not do proper Q/A.

We are really doing our best to get these all out into your hands as quickly as possible. We might not post daily or weekly updates, but whenever we have breaking news or a big shipment coming in, we will let you know ASAP.

I want to thank everyone for their patience and support. Some of you have been waiting a long time to get your reader, and we vow to ship out every order.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...eader#/updates
Old 03-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #66
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Our device is not a cookie cutter six inch e-reader that can be made quickly, the 13.3 is complicated and the last thing we want to do is rush the process and not do proper Q/A.
Valuable update. Indeed looks like there is great deal of manual work during manufacture instead of forging a stream of 'cookies' by automated production line. It means that every unit is unique and can have different manufacturing defect. It is much like all the electronics made in '70s decade where repairs were quite 'normal' procedures. Nowadays automated production deliver stable quality - either all units have defect or non of them.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #67
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Valuable update. Indeed looks like there is great deal of manual work during manufacture instead of forging a stream of 'cookies' by automated production line. It means that every unit is unique and can have different manufacturing defect. It is much like all the electronics made in '70s decade where repairs were quite 'normal' procedures. Nowadays automated production deliver stable quality - either all units have defect or non of them.
I guess that would explain the rattling sound which some people are still experiencing in their devices with a component apparently coming loose.

Quote:
Lei Kuok Koi 1 day ago

Hi Michael. I received my e-reader on this Friday. It is really fantastic. However, I guess there is a component that is not securely fixed at the central part of the IC board. Whenever I sway the e-reader lightly, there is a rocking sound at the central portion of this gadget. Probably, this could be the lithium battery. I find the sound somewhat annoying. Can you help me to solve this issue? I am living in Macau. Any repair/replacement I presume will take quite a long time. Thank you. Edward

Michael Kozlowski Campaigner 1 day ago

One user solved this issue by finding out exactly where that noise is happening and running a hair dryer on it for a minute or so. This should solve the problem, it is not elegant, but it is something you can do yourself.

Not sure that I would care for that "solution" to the problem, though. What would happen if one accidentally fried the internal components following such advice? Would they still cover it under the warranty?
Old 03-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #68
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
This rattling problem is most likely caused by loose battery. I assume this battery has been fixed to the frame by double sided adhesive tape, but is too heavy and with the time detaches from frame. This trick with hair dryer is quite dangerous advice. Hot temperature obviously makes the adhesive layer of the tape sticky again and fixes the issue for a while. But since the device and the screen are made of plastic, it is very easy to damage them with too hot air and also some internal components like digitizer or flexible connective tapes could be affected.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #69
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
On the 4th April GoodEreader will have announcement about updated Netronix 13.3 ereader with Carta display.
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...ent-3235539862
Stay tuned.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:35 PM   #70
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
On the 4th April GoodEreader will have announcement about updated Netronix 13.3 ereader with Carta display.
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...ent-3235539862
Stay tuned.
Seems that it was only a couple of 6" ereaders with Carta displays from Inkbook that were reviewed today. Admittedly, the day is not yet quite over, but it is getting there...
Old 04-05-2017, 08:27 AM   #71
Question Mark
Wizard

Seems that their big "stay tuned" scoop was NOT about a Netronix device, but about the GVIDO 13.3" Dual Screen Music Reader instead.

Impressive device, but a hefty price tag and even more of a niche product than the already existing 13.3" ereaders out there.

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer to hear about any upcoming Netronix devices.

Regarding the current GoodEreader/Netronix device, here is the latest comment that I have seen:

Quote:
wedge 9 hours ago

Suggestion on where to discuss this product? Its troubling since I can’t use the kindle app I find myself using it less and less. Operating it is impressively frustrating. Since the OS wasn’t meant for this kinda of refresh rate it tends to take a lot of patients just to do the most mundane things. I suppose this is why moving to 5 has been frustrating, trying to get it to work “well”.

wedge 9 hours ago

Being able to switch apps without having to go to the main screen would be helpful too, that's what takes the longest. If I want to read a datasheet then switch to the notes I was on, that takes sometimes a minute to accomplish (might be exaggerating a little, but not by much).

Does the paucity of reviews/comments, either negative or positive, suggest that the majority of users are content with their devices? Hope so. Would be nice to know just in case a tempting second generation model should ever make an appearance...
Old 04-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #72
Question Mark
Wizard

How to further (mis)handle a successful campaign?

Launch a promotion offering your device at a reduced price to new backers without offering the savings to all your current backers still on the wait list who have been stuck there for quite some time...

Quote:
Lee Hoi Ting 4 hours ago

I have placed my order in 03/2016 and still have no one email or reply me about when can i get my e-reader. Shame on you and you are having Easter Sale right now!!!!!
Please people don’t order it because you won’t have your product till THEY ARE READY.
HOW CAN I GOT A REFUND! MY PATIENT WAS USED UP.
I WANT A REFUND NOW!!!!! MY ORDER ID is 39.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Hiroshi Takahashi 7 hours ago

Introducing the Good e-Reader 13.3 Easter Sale! This special discount will give you our Android e-reader for the low price of $669.
IS this joke ? I have not received e-reader of first order yet . Refund now for my first order .My Order ID 262

Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 6 hours ago

no, this is an Easter promotion. this is to let people in on our ereader to get into a priority queue. we will contact you

Hiroshi Takahashi 6 hours ago

I want a refund , I can not wait any longer.

Of course, that says nothing about whether the device is good or not. Just offers up an example of what one might not want to do were one ever to launch a campaign.

Speaking of campaigns, is it possible to keep a campaign going indefinitely on Indiegogo like this? Seems to have become more like a store without the campaigners having to invest any resources into actually setting up an online store. Nor offer any of the guarantees which a customer would get when buying a product from a vendor at an online marketplace like Amazon.

Last edited by Question Mark; 04-08-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #73
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
After using 13" boox for some time I would not like to have a reader with touch screen if it does not have an easy to use touch-off button. I hold it (carry it) a lot by just naturally grabbing it with one hand like a book. Touch screen would do crazy things reading your hand while you just holding it like that.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #74
Question Mark
Wizard

What to do when the customer service seems to be actively ignoring you...

Quote:
fanzhaoyang 10 hours ago

Already email to you, both peter and Michael, many times. no response.
and witnessed many postes asking refund here deleted, including mine.
Wil post here everyday, until you reply.

Peter Carotenuto Campaigner 8 hours ago

Hey Fan, you have been emailed. Check your box

fanzhaoyang 8 hours ago

Thank you.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #75
Question Mark
Wizard

Some unhappy campers. It would be interesting to know what these requests for refunds were in reference to. Are users unhappy with their devices or are they frustrated by the wait time to get their devices and questioning the way the campaigners are dealing with issues?

Nevertheless, the campaign continues to attract new backers which really goes to show the amount of interest in these kind of devices.

Quote:
Hiroshi Takahashi 34 minutes ago

Order ID 262 (my contribution 13.3 e-Reader + Accessories$729+Shipping$60=$789
Easter Sale proposal No 3
1: my contribution exchange new person’s contribute on Easter Sale .
2: new person’s contribute on Easter Sale have a free Accessories and early shipping date.
3:Only Refund $679 to me (profit $110 for you , I decide discount)
Please reply for my proposal ,Michael or peter . Thank you.

Joel Perlskog 1 hour ago

I also tried to email you, during the last month, with no response. My concern is also a possible refund. Please respond?

Jennie soong 5 hours ago

Second try. I want a refund. Please provide the instructions for a refund. I am tired of waiting, and the number of issues with the device is concerning.

Donglin Zheng 9 hours ago

Hi I have sent an e-mail to Michael about refund. But no one reply me. Could you please response !?

Tags
goodereader bad