Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
qmuddy2
qmuddy2 began at the beginning.

Device: non
true survival stories ?

looking for audio true survival stories; audiobooks, amazon, learnoutloud i'm considersing, prefer free, but i'm having a hard time finding anything free; alive about uraguay soccer team i read, readers digest has a great book of short survival stories i read many years ago; thanks
qmuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, since that's not what I tend to read. However, LearnOutLoud has recently made all their books free. So if you can find any there, it should help with that part of your question.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Amazondoc
Enthusiast
Amazondoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX and Fire HD
This is an old request, but I want to chime in with a couple of sensational books:

Endurance by Alfred Lansing, narrated by Simon Prebble. About the amazing Shackleton voyage to the South Pole.

The Worst Journey in the World by Apsley Cherry-Garrard, narrated by Simon Vance. One of the survivors of the last Scott expedition -- and, tellingly, the part of the expedition that Scott participated in is NOT the part that earned the name used as the book's title (the WORST journey was a side trip by Apsley and another scientist to collect penguin eggs!).

Both books are outstanding!
Amazondoc is offline   Reply With Quote