Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 03:45 AM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Exporting ISBNs for Import Into GoodReads

How do I export a list/csv of my Calibre library ISBNs for a GoodReads export? I couldn't find an explanation in the Help manual, but I remember seeing somewhere on Mobile Reads that it was possible? Thanks!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you look in the Plugins section of the forum you will see that there is one for interfacing Calibre to Goodreads. This may solve your issue for you?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If you look in the Plugins section of the forum you will see that there is one for interfacing Calibre to Goodreads. This may solve your issue for you?
How delightful! But, no, that wasn't what I wanted -- I just wanted the CSV export, BUT the thread you directed me to told everyone how to do the CSV export, so problem solved. Thank you.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Ana,

Click the little arrow next on Add Books button > Create catalog.

Select CSV as output format, and on other tab select ISBN. For "insurance" against re-issued ISBNs, you may also wish to include Authors & Title. Before you import the result into Goodreads, open it and change the Authors column title to "Author" so it matches the fields GR can read.

Edited to add: I know you already found the instructions (I can read, I promise) but I put the full info there because of the re-issued ISBN problem that crops up a lot when I import into GR. Plus, others may find this thread and want the same info.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote