Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Wrong line breaks after quotation mark - Abbyy Finereader

Hello everyone.
Little issue with AFR.
Sometimes the ocr doesn't read the line break after the « guillemets »
See attachment for an example of a page where this happens.

I can fix part of the problem with perfect epub, by breaking the line between a closing and an opening guillemet (do you really use this word?), line this, » « , but I can't seem to find a solution for where the new line starts with a normal uppercase letter. I also can't use a regex to find all the instances of closing g. and uppercase letter, because many times that's the way it is on the text as well.

Any ideas?

TY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	128558  

Last edited by 1v4n0; 09-19-2014 at 09:53 AM.
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please post in the correct forum. Moved to the "Workshop" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Seems to me that it is normal search/replace activities.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Well I don't know. It doesn't make too much sense that it should place two words one next to the other when in the book the line breaks at 1/2 lenght and the following one starts with an indent.

And sorry for the mis-post
Old 09-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1v4n0 View Post
Well I don't know. It doesn't make too much sense that it should place two words one next to the other when in the book the line breaks at 1/2 lenght and the following one starts with an indent.
I found that Finereader 12 has gotten WORSE in this situation than Finereader 11 (or, it could just be the specific books I have been working on lately, or maybe it is just my mind playing tricks on me).

As you mentioned, you already caught the real easy situation. You can easily just search for "closing + SPACE + opening":

Search: ” “
Replace: ”</p> <p>“

But the situation with normal text with no opening quote..... there is really not not much you can really do besides just doing an A/B comparison.

I almost exclusively work on non-fiction books, but the handful of fiction books I have converted made me want to pull my hair out because of this error. I have to spend too much time double-checking the work, than the quick scan through I can do in non-fiction (because of MUCH larger paragraphs).
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That is where my add-in comes in handy I guess. You can just enter the S/R rules you need and execute them (besides the other functions).
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
1v4n0
Groupie

TY both for the answer.

@Tex2002ans. I'm using AFR11, and I think it happens only with this kind of quot. marks.

@Toxaris I'll check your add on. Unfortunately though, I'm pretty sure it can only help that much, because not every time it is an OCR error.