Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Better way to browse book collection?

I own a Kindle 3 wifi. My wife has a nook. I've also spent some time dabbling with the Sony Readers.

All these reading do an absolutely lousy job at organizing large libraries. The kindle and sony both give you collections and the nook gives you shelves. Though these are improvements, they are nowhere near where they need to be.

In my ideal world, I would like to browse by author->series->title, which is probably best achieved by browsing through folders.

Other than Duokan (which gives me numerous rendering errors both on ePub and mobi files), is there any other way to browse the kindle by folder, or allow collections and subcollections?

I'm more than willing to jailbreak and install something.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just got a Kindle today and I also think so.

This current setup is so terribly messy.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
What would be nice is something like Calibre but which is installed on the Kindle. Something like Title, Author, Genre perhaps with you being able to limit searching to one of them so if you were looking for books by author x or genre y on your device you could find them quickly.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote