Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #91
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
vague_hit

Welcome to mobileread .... [experts a-plenty abound when you need one - just be patient someone will drop by]
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #92
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vague_hit View Post
hi there

I have read every page in this topic and also downloaded the latest java runtime and looked up tutorials on the net but just cannot get briss working! when I try i get an error about a missing class file.
What exactly is the error?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #93
vague_hit
vague_hit began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
the error was telling me i was missing a class file. I ended up re-downloading the program, making sure i had the most recent version. This time I noticed the file came up as a 'jave executible' so I just doubleclicked on it instead of going through the command line.. and it worked! No idea what was going on before but I've got it working now :P

Now to find a similar free program that will let me rotate the pages...
vague_hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #94
labmice3
labmice3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle v3
Brilliant

Thanks a lot, mate!

This software works beautifully, despite not having the nicest UI ever made

Truth is it solves the problem (huge problem) of having to crop PDF files so that they occupy e-reader screens on their totality. It is so fast I though there had been an error in the process. But no, the new file was there and the crop was done. The approach to help the user determine the right crop is really original. It takes all even and odd pages and overlays them separately. Then you can draw a rectangle (or several) encompassing the parts you want in the output file.

Really mate, thanks a lot! I just registered to let you know you save the day, at least for me!

Cheers!
labmice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #95
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
It's a great piece of software, I have been using it fot cropping pdf's for the last two months. It makes reading technical documents easy. I also use it for removing large margins and for cropping double page scans. Thanks for such a great freeware!
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #96
rayfx
rayfx began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch edition
is it possible to implement a zoom in/out feature? would really help a lot when i do cropping on tiny netbook screens.

really an excellent software! keep it up!
rayfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 AM   #97
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

rayfx

labmice

Welcome to mobileread ....
Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #98
stakats
stakats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Some PDFs not displaying

Many thanks to Gerhard / laborg for this excellent software! I've noticed that some of my PDFs won't display in briss, and I wonder whether it's related to OCR. Has anyone found that some PDFs don't display in briss? They can still be cropped, but one has to guess where the desired area might be.
stakats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #99
laborg
Zealot
laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.laborg has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi stakats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stakats View Post
Many thanks to laborg for this excellent software! I've noticed that some of my PDFs won't display in briss, and I wonder whether it's related to OCR. Has anyone found that some PDFs don't display in briss? They can still be cropped, but one has to guess where the desired area might be.
I'm going to look into this very soon. Thanks for you bug submit on sourceforge.

Best regards,
laborg
laborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #100
GeoffC

stakats

Welcome to mobileread ....
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #101
luma
luma began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've been using soPDF command line tool for a while now and only just bothered to figure out how this tool works- it's bloody fantastic! good job!

Is there a way to zoom in?
luma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #102
rayfx
rayfx began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by luma View Post
I've been using soPDF command line tool for a while now and only just bothered to figure out how this tool works- it's bloody fantastic! good job!

Is there a way to zoom in?
yup! would definitely love a feature to zoom in/out!
rayfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:53 AM   #103
GeoffC

magnifying glass ?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #104
c861556
Enthusiast
c861556 will become famous soon enoughc861556 will become famous soon enoughc861556 will become famous soon enoughc861556 will become famous soon enoughc861556 will become famous soon enoughc861556 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
What a great tool. Thank you!
c861556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #105
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
I can't get this to work. I have PDFs that have page numbers and headers. I want to use Briss to hard crop that information out so that the conversion using Calibre is cleaner, but every time I draw a box that looks right, my final version ends up with the edges of text cut off. I can't make a box big enough around my content so that it all shows up.

What am I doing wrong?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cropping pdf, pdf