Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
Lookin' good!

Good morning, DiapDealer and Kevin, I want to congratulate you guys on what seems to be a completely bulletproof release with 0.9.9. I haven't seen a real, valid error reported since the release.

There is one aspect of operation that bothers me a little bit, but it couldn't be considered a bug. Sometimes, I'll have a fairly large epub with a lot of text files in it, and when I find I have to move one of those files to a new location, Sigil usually loses its focus on that file and returns to the top of the file list. Of course, if I've remembered to open that file in the editing window, it's a simple thing to just click back to that tab, which I (ehem! usually!) do. Is that desired behavior? Or is there any way to keep the focus on the moved file afterwards, as happens when you rename graphics?

Thanks for all you do to keep this project--not only going, but reaching toward perfection!
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you're talking reordering files in the Book Browser by dragging/dropping, then no, the newly dropped file losing focus is not desired behavior. At least I don't think so. I'm away from a PC, but I can't recall experiencing that sort of behavior before.

I believe there was some sort of bug concerning the Book Browser addressed in the recent(ish) past having to do with auto-scrolling the window (or something like that). I'll need to do some testing.

To be clear: are you saying that the file at the top of the Book Browser list actually becomes the one highlighted? Or that the highlighted file is merely no longer visible in the widget window and you need to scroll (or click on the file's open tab) to "find" the highlighted one again?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-27-2018 at 06:46 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If you're talking reordering files in the Book Browser by dragging/dropping, then no, the newly dropped file losing focus is not desired behavior. At least I don't think so. I'm away from a PC, but I can't recall experiencing that sort of behavior before.
//snip!!//
To be clear: are you saying that the file at the top of the Book Browser list actually becomes the one highlighted? Or that the highlighted file is merely no longer visible in the widget window and you need to scroll (or click on the file's open tab) to "find" the highlighted one again?
Sorry, I don't think I was clear. Here's the process. I have a chapter highlighted in the editing window (either code view OR book view), and of course, that file is highlighted in the book browser. I drag the book in book browser window to a different location. The book browser "pops" to the top, the first file, leaving everything else unchanged. I then need to click to a different tab, then back to the tab I'm working on for the book browser to return to the recently moved chapter.

That still doesn't sound very clear to me, but I hope you understand what I'm saying.
Quote:
I believe there was some sort of bug concerning the Book Browser addressed in the recent(ish) past having to do with auto-scrolling the window (or something like that). I'll need to do some testing.
I think what you're remembering here is, a moved file would lose its icon after moving, something cosmetic only as it returned if you reopened the file or renamed another chapter.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
I drag the book in book browser window to a different location. The book browser "pops" to the top, the first file, leaving everything else unchanged.
This is the part I'm having trouble fully understanding. "Pops to the top" is not telling me everything I need to know. After it pops to the top, does the first file in the Book Browser list actually become the highlighted file? Or is the file you moved still highlighted, but merely not visible any more in the Book Browser without scrolling to find it (or clicking on its open tab in CV/BV)?

EDIT: I think I've answered my own question. No matter how many files are in Book View, reordering them causes the highlighted file to lose focus (at least on Windows). This is regardless of any "To the Top Popping" that might be going on.

I don't think that should be happening. I'll see what I can discover.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-27-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
JustinThought
Groupie

Quote:
This is the part I'm having trouble fully understanding.

//snip!//

EDIT: I think I've answered my own question.
So I'm not sure where we stand here. Have you managed to decipher what I'm saying, or do I need to throw some more words into this soup to see if I can confuse you more?
Advert
Old 04-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
So I'm not sure where we stand here. Have you managed to decipher what I'm saying, or do I need to throw some more words into this soup to see if I can confuse you more?
No. We're good.

I'm agreeing that what you're seeing probably shouldn't be happening. If I can change the behavior so the moved file keeps the focus, I will.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-30-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
JustinThought
Groupie

Quote:
No. We're good.

I'm agreeing that what you're seeing probably shouldn't be happening. If I can change the behavior so the moved keeps the focus, I will.
Thanks. I still say, though, that you're flirting with 1.0, which you mentioned before you weren't going to approach until it's perfect.

I appreciate your attention!