Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 05:11 PM   #571
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Oh yes of course how stupid of me, I now remember I saw that line too ... except errr

EDIT:
9pm:
(\0\0\0\xf\x4\x81\x90\x80)
9:30pm:
(\0\0\0\xf\x4\x9d\a\xc0)
10pm:
(\0\0\0\xf\x4\xb8\x7f\0)
10:30pm:
(\0\0\0\xf\x4\xd3\xf6@)

hmmmmmmm
A quick look at the numbers posted suggests the last 4 octets are the number of milliseconds since midnight. 04819080 hex translates to 75,600,000 decimal which divided by 3,600,000 (number of milliseconds in an hour) gives 21 (9PM in 24 hour format).

On that basis, to set bedtime to 10:17PM (22:17), we would need the last 4 octets to be 04C80F60 hex‬ so \0\0\0\xf\x4\xc8\xf\x60 would be needed.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #572
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A quick look at the numbers posted suggests the last 4 octets are the number of milliseconds since midnight. 04819080 hex translates to 75,600,000 decimal which divided by 3,600,000 (number of milliseconds in an hour) gives 21 (9PM in 24 hour format).

On that basis, to set bedtime to 10:17PM (22:17), we would need the last 4 octets to be 04C80F60 hex‬ so \0\0\0\xf\x4\xc8\xf\x60 would be needed.
Just a quick look ey? Gah! You're my hero!! I was mucking around with HEX but couldn't get it, I dismissed the 4 because it's the same in all examples so I thought it wasn't relevant However, even if I had considered the 4, I still wouldn't have got it

Thank you!

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 06-19-2018 at 03:22 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:36 AM   #573
jlynton
Addict
jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jlynton can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: aura h2o, glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Do you mean towards the screen or outwards through the bezel "into your hand"? No and yes respectively in my case (So errr yes bleed onto screen and no bleed onto hand.) Though the amount of bleed onto screen differs per device. I have a Clara that bleeds a little from a few LEDs along bottom of the right bezel, and I returned another Clara that had slightly less bright bleed, but from two additional LEDs (one on the left, and another higher up the right bezel as well as the ones along the bottom of the right bezel).
Thank you, I meant bleeding towards the screen.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote