Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
HCM
HCM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mystery/Suspense novel: Unfathomable Vices

Hello!

I uploaded my e-book in pdf to payhip.
Go to https://payhip.com/b/6lH7 for more info.

Read, tell your friends and come discuss it here or on my website and twitter.

Twitter:*https://twitter.com/hcdomato

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_200.png
Views:	62
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	164280  
HCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Lenovo A10-70, Motorola Z2 Play, 1st Gen Kindle Fire
PDF, Eh?

Any likelihood of an ePub or Kindle version?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
HCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Any likelihood of an ePub or Kindle version?
I'm here to learn all pros and cons regarding the e-readers that use these formats. For now, pdf is my best choice. Now the big question is: what do readers prefer?
Old 06-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Lenovo A10-70, Motorola Z2 Play, 1st Gen Kindle Fire
I think most people who buy eBooks prefer either ePub or a Kindle format, They work better in the modern eReaders. PDF is kind of a poor stepchild in that regard.

The reason is, so long as there is no DRM attached to the file, the eBook management program, Calibre can convert them from one to the other so it can be read on either type of eReader. (many people own both types)

You might want to consider the Kindle Unlimited program. Basically, Amazon offers an all "you can read" option for roughly the cost of a single paperback book each month. Authors get paid, by how much of your book gets read.

It's pretty good for unknown authors and established authors who want to make money on their older published works that no one wants to publish or promote any more.

The unknowns get exposure they might not otherwise get because selecting their book is low risk to the reader. If the book is no good, the reader can stop reading at some point, and move on to something else, knowing that the author will get SOMETHING for how much was read.

I personally like it because I can search for new authors (to me, at least) without having to figure out if I REALLY want to risk $5 on the new guy.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:18 AM   #5
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS7, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: Palms, NOOK Tablet, SGS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCM View Post
Hello!

I uploaded my e-book in pdf to payhip.
Go to https://payhip.com/b/6lH7 for more info.

Read, tell your friends and come discuss it here or on my website and twitter.

Twitter:*https://twitter.com/hcdomato

Your payhip link directs to a page that says:
Quote:
404 Page Not Found
The page you requested was not found.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
HCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Your payhip link directs to a page that says:
It's back up. I contacted them and they fixed the problem.Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for visiting!