Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Post emacs (NO X)

So yeah.

A guy? called monad jumped on #kindle-dev earlier and was asking about emacs for the k3.

I was like not firing on all cylinders but... anyways...
in essence I have mangled this together for him

it's totally incomplete in the sense that I know ZERO about emacs
but I have done an example script (included) that will make a mount point in the ROOT and then loop-mount the lib stuff in there.

http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/emacs21/
For future ref.

The lenny stuff seems okay on armv6l.

Points to note:

A) This makes adjustments on the ROOT! (okay it makes a folder but meh)

B) this REQUIRES a terminal to run in. I packaged it as an extension for simplicities sake. Don't expect it to start a terminal for you. You need to do that yourself. If someone knows of a way to run myts AND pass it a command? I'll makes this do that.

C) It a CLI version. No X.

D) other stuff probably, It's late. (oh the horrible lazy umount error is "all me" and harmless.)

But anyways. here is the junk you wanted monad.

Stuff left to fix: (possibly) I have no idea.

Quote:
Warning: arch-independent data dir (/usr/share/emacs/21.4/etc/) does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/etc/emacs21' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/etc/emacs' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/21.4/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/21.4/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/21.4/leim' does not exist.
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/21.4/lisp' does not exist.
I included a bunch of the "common-emacs" stuff too. No idea what that does neither
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_513.png
Views:	457
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	109453  
Attached Files
File Type: zip emacs-k3-NoX.zip (2.68 MB, 295 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Just HAD to say:
GNU EMACS has been expanded to "Generally Not Used, Except by Middle-Aged Computer Scientists"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editor_...i-like_editors

Carry on! (and use VI instead)
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
*Cough, cough* nano.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Honestly?

I like nano. But the guy? wanted emacs, so here it is.

Simple as
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Honestly?

I like nano. But the guy? wanted emacs, so here it is.

Simple as
I was just kidding - I think it's AWESOME of you to do emacs! Thank you! I'm impressed you never seem to back down from a challenge.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
armv6l, cli, emacs, kindle 3, kindle3