Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #976
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Sorry, double post
Old 03-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #977
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks, going back to it, I realised I had used the wrong address. Changed it and I'm cooking on gas now!
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #978
Rachel
Zealot

Sorry - another question - probably obvious to everybody else. Now I can access via the web browser, I'm trying to set up a password. I'm looking at the formula you give to put into Marvin - where do I find my username? (this feels such a stupid question to be asking!).
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #979
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Calibre, preferences, change calibre behavior, sharing, sharing over the net, username
Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #980
Rachel
Zealot

Told you it was a stupid question! I was sitting staring at that page

However, I can't get it to connect. I am putting my information into Calibre in the format you proscribe ie http://username(colon)password@computer:8080 (sorry the : sign on my computer is inserting an emoticon in that address)

Calibre says that a password is incompatible with some devices - maybe that applies to the ipad. I also have a little android tablet where I am running Aldiko. That asks for a username and password rather than incorporate it in the url, and is letting me in.

I guess I need another think tomorrow, after a good night's sleep.

Last edited by Rachel; 03-04-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #981
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The password should work on iPad and Marvin. Are you sure the port is OK?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #982
Rachel
Zealot

It worked without a password, so I assume it is. It is inserting the password that seems to be the problem. I can't see where I have deviated from the formula. I've checked the password carefully as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #983
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Question Perhaps this would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
It worked without a password, so I assume it is. It is inserting the password that seems to be the problem. I can't see where I have deviated from the formula. I've checked the password carefully as well.
I used the information Faterson gave me, on page 61, but didn't use anything other than the address. So far it's worked great and I haven't had any problems. Perhaps I don't understand why we need to use the password. But it's worth a try.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #984
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
OPDS - show number of ...

Is it possible to show the number of books or authors that are in an item. These are two shots, one with browser on opds, the other with opds.

Both within Marvin, same store.

First is browser, in next message is the one within opds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	102337  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #985
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
First is browser, in next message is the one within opds
Is it possible to add the count in this view?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	102338  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #986
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Book and author counts in the OPDS screen would indeed be a nice feature for Marvin.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #987
kguil
Addict

maxjens, mariosipad. Noted. I'll try and fit it into the next update.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #988
Rachel
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK View Post
I used the information Faterson gave me, on page 61, but didn't use anything other than the address. So far it's worked great and I haven't had any problems. Perhaps I don't understand why we need to use the password. But it's worth a try.
If you don't use a password your files are vulnerable to access by others - I understand this could be interpreted that you are running a pirate site. I want to ensure my files are secure, so would like to protect them with a password.

Cracked it! I found an old entry by Kovid Goyal which said the password should only include ascii characters A-Z and 0-9. I have changed my password, taking out the symbols I had included, and now can access Calibre. Bingo!

Thanks for the help, Kris
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #989
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
If you don't use a password your files are vulnerable to access by others - I understand this could be interpreted that you are running a pirate site.
Not if you switch the server on only if you need it -- which for me is almost never, because SugarSync mirrors all Calibre folders for me anyway, so I don't need to be running Calibre's server at all.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #990
kguil
Addict

Rachel, you're welcome.
Closed Thread