Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #61
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Thank you. I have the 0.16 v now but i still can't open azw files only mobi . i really don't know why it isn't working .
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #62
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
Thank you. I have the 0.16 v now but i still can't open azw files only mobi . i really don't know why it isn't working .
may try this:
  1. change the extension of file to .mobi
  2. use the app
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #63
miquele
Connoisseur
miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miquele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kindle Voyage
hey gluggy, this is just fantastic - thank you very much!!
miquele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #64
karenbryant
Enthusiast
karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Hi,
Excellent program. Thanks for sharing it. Any idea when the issue with the EBOK tag will be fixed for more recent eReaders? My eBooks are still showing up as personal documents on my Paperwhite. Would love to be able to use this program to quickly remove the PDOC without using Calibre. Thanks for the great work though!
karenbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #65
Slavon
Slavon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
polish in mobi

Cheers. You help me change language in metadata of mobi file.
Slavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #66
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2, KO2
sorry for my noob question, but after hours and hours of searching and trying (and staying up til 6 am...) I'm not more clever than before.

Will this solution enable my sideloaded books to be synced to the Kindle for Mac app?
(background: personal documents can't be accessed with the Kindle for Mac app. They can however be sideloaded into it, but without syncing of highlights or furthest read page.)

edit: I managed to make it appear on my Kindle Touch as 'book' instead of 'document', but it doesn't get synced to any other device.

Last edited by JFHey; 12-12-2013 at 12:13 AM.
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 AM   #67
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Hi,

I change in my mobi file pdoc to ebook and add on two times asin, but my file is still known from amazon as personal document. How can I change it?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #68
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Your mobi file is probably "joint mobi", containing both KF8 & old MOBI format? If it was generated with KindleGen v2.x/Kindle Previewer, then it is combo for sure. So if you want to remove personal doc tag you must first split the file to "old mobi" and KF8/azw3 parts using KindleUnpack plugin for Calibre.
Changing those 3 EXTH values only "works" (as in Kindle treats it as book) for non-dual books.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #69
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Okay, I installed the plugin, unpack the mobi and what is the nex procedure?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #70
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now you edit mobi and/or azw3 file. Since you are already using Calibre you can install "Quality Check" plugin and use it to quickly edit EXTH 113, 501 and 504,like this: select book(s) in Calibre>Quality Check>Fix>Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire.

Or you can edit those EXTH values with Mobi Metadata Editor, or Mobi2Mobi GUI, or...
Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #71
donMaranzano
Zealot

I made it and still my books is identified as personal document in kindle. Where I'm wrong?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #72
shamanNS
Guru

Erm, are you sending the book via "Send to Kindle" to Amazon Cloud and then downloading it on your Kindle via WiFi? Or are you transfering files over USB cable?
If you are using first method then that is the reason why the book is pdoc, Amazon will reconvert your book and re-insert pdoc tag.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #73
donMaranzano
Zealot

I made it exactly as you have written but when I share a message it says: This content does not support sharing. Why I can not share it in facebook?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #74
donMaranzano
Zealot

Can I upload a book somewhere and some of you to make it for me to see it as an example? I'm using calibre to convert the ebok, old type
Old 04-17-2014, 02:47 AM   #75
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donMaranzano View Post
I made it exactly as you have written but when I share a message it says: This content does not support sharing. Why I can not share it in facebook?
while converting with Calibre> mobi output>enable sharing
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, mobi metadata, mobi metadata editor, mobi2mobi