Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
LuigiTheHunter
LuigiTheHunter began at the beginning.

Device: G000KA White Kindle Basic 2 (2016) KT3, KT3W Gen 8
Unhappy Kindle Unresponsive

My Kindle KT3 White does not work anymore. I don't know what exactly I did wrong. The LED works like normal but the Screen does nothing.

Thanks guys.
LuigiTheHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
1. Hold in the power button for at least a minute and see if that does anything.
2. If nothing happens, leave it plugged into a wall charger for 24h, and then repeat step 1.
3. If steps 1 and 2 both do nothing, then it's probably either a dead battery or some other hardware fault.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
LuigiTheHunter

Will do

Thanks for your quick answer. I really appreciate that . My guess is it's either the display or, the Kindle is in some kind of recovery mode. Hopefully just my second guess I will reply tomorrow .
Old 09-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
LuigiTheHunter

Battery

Ok i charged it for 24 hours straight. Now as I tried to turn it on it shows. An battery symbol with an "!" inside. Does not sound good. Is there anything i can do?
Old 09-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That almost certainly means that the battery has died. You could replace it, but is it worth the effort to do so rather than get a more modern reader? Your choice.
Advert
Old 09-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #6
LuigiTheHunter

Unhappy Ur right

It's a pitty because i had the reader for only 6 Months now. .I was more then happy with all its features and with its price. I find it interesting that the battery died, because i did not used it in a while. Maybe i should have charged it sometimes...
Old 09-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

How long did you leave it without charging it?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Also note: he really means 24hrs on a WALL charger, not charging through your computer. There is apparently a difference.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:01 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiTheHunter View Post
Ok i charged it for 24 hours straight. Now as I tried to turn it on it shows. An battery symbol with an "!" inside. Does not sound good. Is there anything i can do?
that symbol means the battery is detected but has I insufficient charge to boot up.
charge it overnight with a WALL charger, as others have said, then report back
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #10
LuigiTheHunter

Smile Wall charger

Thanks im well aware of the difference between these charging methods. It would be crazy to run the computer overnight just for charging this thing

After 48 Hours charging with a restart after 24 hours. It's working so far again. Battery is "full" says the kindle. I will look into that a bit more. Thanks for the help guys <3
Old 09-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Pleased to hear the good news.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
LuigiTheHunter

Thanks alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Pleased to hear the good news.