Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos

Is there some setting I might have ticked that results in not getting a lot of updates? I just found out yesterday about Fictfact closing. There have been multiple posts about it and I use the "new posts" feature every day, sometimes twice a day. The only reason I even found out about it is after reporting it myself, someone added a link that it was already being discussed. Not just embarrassing, but frustrating. This is the second recent news feature in a few months that affected me where I received nothing. That tells me that I'm missing a lot of stuff. I select New Posts w/o e-book uploads. Help!

Thread name:
Popular Series Tracking Site FictFact shutting down tomorrow

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320126
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Is it possible that at some time in the past you excluded certain sections of the forum?

Look in User Control Panel - Edit Options - Miscellaneous Options - Forum exclusion to see if you've flagged anything for exclusion.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Often, after checking CP, I look at the various sections such as news and discussions to see if there are any interesting threads going. This is more reliable, to me, than looking at the disconnected 'new posts' (though I sometimes do that too).
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote