Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #61
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Tolino is the n.1 ereader provider in Germany, competing with Kobo and Amazon.
Tolino is no competitor to Kobo, because Kobo (Rakuten) has bought the Tolino brand.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:20 AM   #62
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I see no options for this in the menu. But you can revert backward and forward as it is also possible on the first Oasis.

You can totally ignore the buttons, if you want, without accidentally pressing them. In my opinion they don't interfere while swiping or tapping.

Thanks, good to know! Disabled the page press buttons on my Voyage, if these don't get in the way, I think I'll want the new Oasis, at least eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 06:57 AM   #63
bnpssilva
Connoisseur
bnpssilva began at the beginning.

Device: KV, kOA2, KPW1, KPW2, KPW4,KT1, KT3, KT4,kOBOS, Nooks, PRS-T2
Hello, Trekk. Do you have a Kindle Voyage ? If you do, which one has a better contrast ?
Thank you.
bnpssilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #64
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Hello, Trekk. Do you have a Kindle Voyage ? If you do, which one has a better contrast ?
Thank you.
Hey, bnpssilva. I do not own a Kindle Voyage, but compared to a Kobo Aura One, a Glo HD, a Paperwhite and a KOA, I prefer the new Oasis. The contrast is great on these devices, but additionally the screen of my Oasis is lit very even.

Of course this is my personal preference. Light distribution is important to me, I get easily distracted, when looking at a light bulb or a blotchy screen.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #65
bnpssilva
Connoisseur

Thank you. I really would like to know if somebody did this comparison. Since the PW2 I don't have problems with light distribution.
Advert
Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #66
zooby
zooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle keyboard, kindle voyage, kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnpssilva View Post
Thank you.
The contrast looks very similar on the two of them. The brightness seems to be a good amount better on the KOA2.

https://imgur.com/7UCYhIk
https://imgur.com/34c8c63
zooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #67
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooby View Post
The contrast looks very similar on the two of them. The brightness seems to be a good amount better on the KOA2.

By "better", do you mean "brighter"? A brightly shining screen is the last thing you need in a reader; you should adjust the frontlight so that the screen is not visibly "glowing".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #68
zooby
zooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enoughzooby will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle keyboard, kindle voyage, kindle oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
By "better", do you mean "brighter"? A brightly shining screen is the last thing you need in a reader; you should adjust the frontlight so that the screen is not visibly "glowing".
Sorry, yes I meant to type brighter. I was checking the max brightness looking for any light cones. There were none.
zooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #69
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:

Thank you for those. It would be interesting to see a comparison of nightmode in the Voyage and the KOA2. My Voyage has a denser black than any other Carta screen I've seen.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Thank you for those. It would be interesting to see a comparison of nightmode in the Voyage and the KOA2. My Voyage has a denser black than any other Carta screen I've seen.
The Voyage doesn't have a "night mode", does it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #71
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Voyage doesn't have a "night mode", does it?
Sorry, no, it doesn't. I make it with Calibre with

* {color: white;
background: black;}

in the css. Was thinking the new firmware allowed it, but I guess only the KOA2 will have it. My mistake.

Last edited by jscris; 10-30-2017 at 12:15 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #72
bnpssilva
Connoisseur

Quote:

Just looking to pictures is very hard do tell any difference.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #73
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:

Yeah, contrast seems about the same. I never use max brightness, or even more than half brightness, so that seems fine on both devices.

But one difference, at least in the very limited sample of this photo, is that the light color seems a tad warmer on the Oasis 2. Looks nice!
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #74
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have the Oasis 1 and ordered the Oasis 2 because I liked the sound of the improvements. It was pending shipping but I canceled it because I decided to stop the madness. I haven’t had the Oasis 1.long enough. I can afford to upgrade but it is just too soon.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #75
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
I have the Oasis 1 and ordered the Oasis 2 because I liked the sound of the improvements. It was pending shipping but I canceled it because I decided to stop the madness. I haven’t had the Oasis 1.long enough. I can afford to upgrade but it is just too soon.
Good sense prevailed huh??
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote