Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Snakebait
Snakebait began at the beginning.

Device: nexus7
How to create seperate accounts

Hi, I have installed Calibre on a Synology NAS DS415+. Everything seems to be working ok. My problem is I cannot figure out how to create seperate accounts for family in different parts of the country. I only see android apps that require a usb connection to my server to load the android device. Please help me configure individual read only type accounts. Thanks SB
Snakebait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I can't help with the non-traditional part of the install (PC being traditional)

Preferences: Sharing over the Net: is where you configure sharing stuff

Main: sets the port to listen on (you will need to port forward on your router for WANside access)
User accounts: is what you want. This allows (passworded) access to specific libraries, allows changes

Calibre companion (Android ans IOS), can connect to your IPort
Any browser (Win,Mac,Linux) can connect to your IPort
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
Snakebait

Thanks for the quick reply. This was my first time trying to setup a program on my server and I am not familiar with ports and configuring them. I initialize the content server using port 8081 because 8080 is in use than I create a user account and restart the server. When I tell Calibre Companion to connect I get a screenshot circling the command "start content server". I also tried using the local folder 4001 and received the same thing.Is this a router modem issue? SB
Old 11-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebait View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. This was my first time trying to setup a program on my server and I am not familiar with ports and configuring them. I initialize the content server using port 8081 because 8080 is in use than I create a user account and restart the server. When I tell Calibre Companion to connect I get a screenshot circling the command "start content server". I also tried using the local folder 4001 and received the same thing.Is this a router modem issue? SB
Don't confuse accounts for NAS access with Calibre accounts for Library access.

BTW I assumed that you have Calibre-server running as a service on your NAS

The router should only come into play IF you are accessing from a DIFFERENT network. I will also assume your wireless devices can access using DSfile (proves the access is not having peer blocking)

AFAIK CC only supports a few commercial 'clouds'
Old 11-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Snakebait

I don't know if I am confusing NAS and Calibre accounts I don't think so. I have Calibre running in Docker so I am assuming everything I see is related to Calibre. I am able to open DSnote on another wifi so the modem is not the issue. What do you mean running as a service and how do you check this? SB

Edit: I am running Calibre in a container named aptalca/docker-calibre:latest

Last edited by Snakebait; 11-12-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I don't know if I am confusing NAS and Calibre accounts I don't think so. I have Calibre running in Docker so I am assuming everything I see is related to Calibre. I am able to open DSnote on another wifi so the modem is not the issue. What do you mean running as a service and how do you check this? SB

Edit: I am running Calibre in a container named aptalca/docker-calibre:latest
I can't help you with that end. I just keep my tunes on my Slim (and a few backups)
Old 11-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Snakebait

I don't know what you mean by I keep my tunes on my slim when we are talking about books. Before I start brainstorming I want you to know I have been trying for over a month to get this working to no avail and after reading all the tips on the internet I decided to ask for help in the forums only to get told to do it myself. You're welcome to close this thread I will continue to load my books into kindle and transfer to family members via email. SB
Old 11-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by I keep my tunes on my slim when we are talking about books. Before I start brainstorming I want you to know I have been trying for over a month to get this working to no avail and after reading all the tips on the internet I decided to ask for help in the forums only to get told to do it myself. You're welcome to close this thread I will continue to load my books into kindle and transfer to family members via email. SB
Simple: Some folk use the NAS for music and Video, others run a Calibre server on their Synology. I don't