Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
CylonOven
CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: kindle touch
Common fall damage problems?

Hello all.

Got gifted a Kindle Touch by a friend, and after some water damage I had to replace the PCB, it worked nicely, even after jail breaking and re-flashing the kernel, until I dropped from about coat pocket height.

After that it's been unresponsive to anything. Only way I can get any response is to plug in the power, which turns on the orange LED and if I hold the power switch while charging the LED turns off after 1 min and back on when the button is released.

Only had it working again for 2 days!

I even put in the old MB to test and it 'turned on' to it's usual "Your kindle need repair" screen.

I ask, does anyone have any idea what might have broken on the board to cause this?

I think I'm going to order a new PCB any because god hates me, and that's really the only thing I can do at this point... But I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any ideas.
CylonOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
First, put it in your freezer for a few days, giving it a chance to get as cold as you can get it, through and through.

Remove, wrap in a soft cloth (to prevent moisture condensation directly on (or in) the Kindle), place on wall charger, wait (a few days).

Did that restore normal operation?
No: Repeat entire process two or three times.
Yes: Rejoice.

- - - - -

Note: Almost always works on all Kindle models, KT or newer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
CylonOven
CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.CylonOven has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: kindle touch
I fear that won't fix it, as it's not the touch screen that's failing.
I'm not getting any LEDs or anything when pressing the power button for whatever length of time.
And I know the battery is good, it's got 4V coming out of it, was fully charged when I fixed it with the new board the first time.
CylonOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonOven View Post
I fear that won't fix it, as it's not the touch screen that's failing.
I'm not getting any LEDs or anything when pressing the power button for whatever length of time.
And I know the battery is good, it's got 4V coming out of it, was fully charged when I fixed it with the new board the first time.
I never said WHAT that was intended to fix.
Try it, all it will cost you is some time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote