Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #16621
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Kobo hasn't sent me a working discount code in ages. I get the occasional 50% off and even 90% off and I don't remember the last time one actually worked. Close to a year. I went thru the hassle of the buy at full price and have them refund you part once but it's just not worth it to me.

So, I'm excited if one of the codes actually works but I don't expect them to.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 AM   #16622
Wolfe
Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolfe knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
I've had similar experiences and I have found in the majority of cases the code is valid but it just won't work on my account. It has been that way for some time for 90% off codes and is now also happening for 50% off codes. I expect you will find that if you post the code on this thread, typically someone else will be able to use it.
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #16623
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
I always wonder how they determine who to send coupons to. I've never gotten one.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #16624
jimars
Zealot
jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Thinkpad
I've never got one either. All I get are the 20% off birthday and anniversary coupons.
jimars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #16625
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
This 90% code doesn't work for me. Someone else can try it.

XMANXK
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:30 PM   #16626
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I recently got a "$5 off any book or audiobook" offer via email on one of my very-rarely-used Kobo accounts. This seems to be Kobo Canada specific, and is clearly a personalized offer, but I thought I'd post info, so folks who have Kobo Canada accounts can check their email carefully.

The email says:

Quote:
Time to make a literary comeback. We've added $5 to your account.

How to claim your $5:

Number 1 Sign in to your account wherever you read with Kobo

Number 2 Select any eBook or audiobook in our store before 07-14-2018

Number 3 We'll automatically apply your $5 credit during checkout

Hurry, offer ends 07-14-2018
And the details are as follows:

Quote:
*Offer valid only for legal residents of Canada, who make a purchase on kobo.com between 06-23-2018 and 07-14-2018, 11:59PM EST. This offer applies to any eBook on the store and up to $5.00 of credit will be automatically applied against your purchase. This is a limited time offer and will not be available after the above stipulated dates. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to adjust amount paid on previous purchases. Discounts cannot be applied nor the discount value refunded once a purchase is complete. Rakuten Kobo Inc. reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time without notice.
I have done the first step, logging in, and a $5 credit does appear under payment methods for my account. I haven't yet figured out what book I want to buy with the credit, but since the $5 has appeared as a credit, and doesn't require some coupon code, I am more optimistic than usual that this will actually work. And, as a credit, it should be viable on big publisher titles too, which would be nice. I'll update further when I actually buy a book, to confirm that it worked - or didn't - and what it worked on...

And in the meantime, as I said above, if you have a Kobo Canada account, but haven't used it in a while, check your email...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #16627
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I noticed the other day that my Ebates.com rebate from Kobo was only half what I expected and I just verified that the Ebates rebate has dropped to 2.5% from 5%. I buy so little these days that we're talking literally pennies, but it seems the final insult when I remember the glory days of discounts at Kobo!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:19 AM   #16628
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Ebates discounts are currently meager.

Kobo 2.5%
BAM 3%
B&N 2%
ebooks 4%
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:36 PM   #16629
Amaryllis
Connoisseur
Amaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it isAmaryllis knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I noticed the other day that my Ebates.com rebate from Kobo was only half what I expected and I just verified that the Ebates rebate has dropped to 2.5% from 5%. I buy so little these days that we're talking literally pennies, but it seems the final insult when I remember the glory days of discounts at Kobo!
Ah yes....... what I wouldn't give for a multi-use coupon code or a coupon code contest.....
Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:36 AM   #16630
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
UPromise is still offering 5% cashback on Kobo, if you have student loans to pay off.
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 AM   #16631
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used this yesterday with no problems on a non-discountable book. It worked just like an ordinary credit. Good through July 14, so if you have a Kobo Canada account you haven't used in a long time, check your email...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I recently got a "$5 off any book or audiobook" offer via email on one of my very-rarely-used Kobo accounts. This seems to be Kobo Canada specific, and is clearly a personalized offer, but I thought I'd post info, so folks who have Kobo Canada accounts can check their email carefully.

The email says:

And the details are as follows:

I have done the first step, logging in, and a $5 credit does appear under payment methods for my account. I haven't yet figured out what book I want to buy with the credit, but since the $5 has appeared as a credit, and doesn't require some coupon code, I am more optimistic than usual that this will actually work. And, as a credit, it should be viable on big publisher titles too, which would be nice. I'll update further when I actually buy a book, to confirm that it worked - or didn't - and what it worked on...

And in the meantime, as I said above, if you have a Kobo Canada account, but haven't used it in a while, check your email...
Old 07-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #16632
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a 90% off that won't work for me:

XB8X7G

Please post back or PM me if someone gets it to work for them. Just curious.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:11 AM   #16633
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Didn't work for me. I think a lot of times these codes are ones they have sent before - since I started tracking the codes Kobo sends me, I've seen a lot of repeats, and the repeats don't work a second time. And, I suspect that some of the ones that look new to me but don't work either were ones I used in the past, before I started tracking them.

This begs the question, of course, of why Kobo continues to send out codes that have been used in the past, and are no good, thus annoying the people that presumably they want to woo, but WTH...this is Kobo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Here's a 90% off that won't work for me:

XB8X7G

Please post back or PM me if someone gets it to work for them. Just curious.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #16634
fjdk
fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hemmi...I was able to use the coupon on a fairly large ticket book, thank you very much! Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been a lurker on the site for several years and didn't have the time last night to register and respond.
fjdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #16635
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Nice to know someone got to use it! Welcome out of lurkerdom.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals