Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #211
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Undoubtedly. And, at one time, some people cried over books with pages replacing scrolls much like some today cry over ebooks replacing paper books. I even know some people stuck in the mechanical age who need buttons to push.
We all have our preferences Patrick. Some like scrolling or buttons or tapping or swiping. Fortunately there devices now that makes everyone happy .
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #212
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
We all have our preferences Patrick. Some like scrolling or buttons or tapping or swiping. Fortunately there devices now that makes everyone happy .
I would like to have vertical scrolling on my Paperwhite but apparently it's not possible at this time. Anyway, maybe a future firmware update will fix that.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #213
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I would like to have vertical scrolling on my Paperwhite but apparently it's not possible at this time. Anyway, maybe a future firmware update will fix that.
For most people scrolling sucks on devices with e-ink screens. It is barely tolerable for zoomed images. I think it will be a long wait for scrolling on e-ink kindles.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #214
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
For most people scrolling sucks on devices with e-ink screens. It is barely tolerable for zoomed images. I think it will be a long wait for scrolling on e-ink kindles.
I would settle for being able to turn the page vertically in the meantime.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #215
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Scrolling is horrible, It's why books invented about 2000 years ago. I'd love a web browser to paginate like an eReader does. The paging on Web pages on the Kindle DXG was nice. The scrolling on Kobo H2O webpages is horrible.

I like that my phone volume buttons are page turn in most eReader apps.

I miss my 1200 pixel high laptop for PDFs, the A4 doesn't quite fit on 1080, rezising laptop to suit HDTV video was an evil thing. A 1600 x 1200 4:3 with 15.5" diagonal is more use than 1920 x 1080 16:9 with a 17" diagonal for documents, eyes and portability. Also HD computers were heading to better resolution before HDTV existed. The so called "retina" screens are no solution, as you'd need a 19" wide screen.

There were rotatable desktop screens for a while, CRT and then LCD. Now they all seem to be stuck in landscape unless you make your own bracket.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote