Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #211
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I have 3 I actually use, Oasis 2 in my bedroom, PW4 in my "office" and a 10th gen basic that's currently sitting next to me in the same "office" because I brought it home to update that I need to take back to work.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #212
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I did a quick count and the answer is 11.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2020, 05:05 PM   #213
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I donot know.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #214
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Something like that already exists - it's called "tablet".
Nope. I have several, not the same at all. For reading I prefer eink.
I am pretty happy with Forma, but Kindle is synchronized with iPad, some books have pictures which are better in color and on bigger screen.

Last edited by hel; 12-15-2020 at 08:33 PM.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #215
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I am using 2: forma and oasis.
Still have 8:
Kobo: forma, aura one, h2o and glo HD.
Sony: t3
Kindle: oasis, dx and paperwhite.

Waiting for color 10” with backlight.
If it's e-ink, not a tablet, you mean frontlight, not backlight
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2020, 10:03 PM   #216
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Yes, sure ) I mean screen should have light. That is not important how it is implemented technically. Most of time I don’t use light at all, because it is not necessary and because my forma’s light is far from perfect. But I am glad it presents.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #217
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Currently, I have a 2nd gen Kindle, which I love for nostalgia reasons. I also love the physical buttons on it. The battery is getting quite bad and discharges rather quickly. I also never read on it.

My active device is a Kindle Paperwhite 3, which I've had for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
Hisense A5 (5"): Text only books, keep it in my pocket
Boox Nova 2 (8"): Manga
Boox Max 3 (13"): PDFs, Graphic Novels
Dasung HD-F: Work, hooked up to a MacBook

Seems a lot, but I read 2/3 books a week so think it's worth having optimised readers.
This would be my dream setup! I've ordered a Boox Nova 3 and will soon place an order for a Hisense phone - either the A7 5G that is to be announced on Tuesday 22 of Dec. if it fits my criteria or the A5 Pro. I'm hoping for a warmer frontlight in the A7 - that would make it my ideal phone!

The bigger readers are too costly for me at this stage; I feel I'm going half bankrupt just from buying the Nova 3 and a phone. However, I love e-ink and feel that my eyes can't take that much more abuse from LCD screens. I've been getting migraines lately that seem to be tied to my computer use..
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:53 PM   #218
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Eink devices:
Oasis 3, paperwhite 4, Nook simple touch

Others:
iPad Pro 11, iPad mini 5th gen, fire HD 8.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:24 AM   #219
heyria
heyria began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have two; Onyx Boox Note 2 which I just recently got and a Kobo Forma. I love both although I do like the bigger size of the Note 2. I also use a bluetooth wireless presenter to turn pages while I read. I also got a bluetooth ring clicker to do the same thing. I use whichever one suits me at the moment.
heyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:54 AM   #220
SpectralYeti
SpectralYeti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I have 3:

- Sony PRS-350 (Bought around 2011)
- Kindle Paperwhite 1st Gen (Given as a gift around 2015)
- Kobo Libra H2O (Bought Oct 2020)

Each of them is fantastic in their own way, but I'll always have a soft spot for my little Sony Reader. I haven't turned it on in years, so I dread to think what awful kids books I used to fill it up with. I do know that I never got to the 2GB storage limit, and it helped me cut my teeth on Calibre.

Still though, my Kobo is amazing. Couldn't fault it one bit, apart from a lack of DRM free wireless transfer, without a home server or Calibre/Calibre-Web. It's also really hard to find a decent Micro USB charging cradle in 2021 :/
SpectralYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:44 AM   #221
frailtyy
frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frailtyy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Only a Kindle Paperwhite and an iPad. The iPad has become exclusively bed browsing (which I've mostly gotten rid of), PDF notation for research, and comics (small pleasures, right?). The Kindle has been a little finicky lately, so I've been considering swapping it out with a Kobo but who knows.
frailtyy is offline   Reply With Quote