Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
soup
soup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
how to make images behave....

I have an image, it's at the end of a page under some lines of text and I want it to come up on the screen and take up the rest of the screen after the text is displayed.

currently it just comes up on it's own page...

I'm using sigil at the moment and I don't really know how to go about asking google for the help.

can anyone throw me some code or point me in the right direction on how to get what I want?

I'm sure I could just resize it but I'd rather a one size fits all solution.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'm afraid there is no way to access the "available space in the page" with CSS, at least not with the subset of CSS supported by ePUB. Even the "full height of a page" is problematic.

You'd have to settle with some default size and, if you absolutely do not want the image to be in its own page, you could add "page-break-before: avoid;", but that could lead to a lot of blank space in the previous page.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
soup
soup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
looks like I'm resizing the pics....
soup is offline   Reply With Quote