Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-25-2022, 07:54 AM   #1
BronxHD
BronxHD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Smile Use Git on Kindle PW

Hey Dear mobileread-members!
This is my first Forum Post so please don't judge me!

I have a kindle Paperwhite 4, 10th gen. with a Jailbreak.
I have installed Kual with Usbnet, kterm extension and Alpine Linux.

I wish to use the Git command in the kterm Terminal-window, but I don't know how to install git on the device itself. Alpine Linux has the ability to use git commands on the device but only running the OS. From the OS I can't access the /mnt/us/ folder from the device. My main goal is to sync the My-Clippings.txt file to Git.

So there are two options for me.
1. installing git on kindle OS
2. use git from the Alpine Terminal Window and cp the clippings file from the /mnt/us/ folder to the alpine image.

Thanks for reading the post. It would be very kind, if you help me.
BronxHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:10 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'll have to cross-compile a git version for the device.

I actually (optionally) ship it on Kobos, but not on Kindles.

There are a few limitations in place because of its heavy reliance on symlinks, which means it cannot actually be installed in the userstore, and has instead to live in the rootfs, which may or may not be viable on a Kindle.

Also, it's a plain Makefile, so getting the build to do what you want requires minimal thinking .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert