Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #1
Kurea
Kurea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Unhappy Stuck with WatchThis Jailbreak

Hi there, hopefully someone can help me out;

I followed all the steps closely, and at step #6 the instruction is: "6. Press "Done" at the prompt to install the jailbreak script"

When i do this, i get: "Application Error: The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

See the screenshots below, please advise if you can :'(
Thank you!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kw...ain/error.jpeg

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kw...le_details.jpg

---

Code:
/Volumes/Kindle/.demo $ ls -lA
total 64
-rwxrwxrwx  1 kurea  staff  8632 May  3 15:14 KOA3-5.14.1.zip*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 kurea  staff  1104 May  3 15:15 demo.json*
drwxrwxrwx  1 kurea  staff  8192 May  3 15:09 goodreads/
Kurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:17 PM   #2
CrosseyeJack
CrosseyeJack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have a I KT4 and I got the same. So I started again and did the alt method.

To get out of the demo menu and start again, I entered the sideload menu so USB would mount, created a file called DONT_CHECK_BATTERY (cause my kindle wasn't fully charged) and pushed the "resell device" menu which reset the device to "out of the box" status, I skipped the inital wifi setup so I could get to the main menu so I could enter things into the search bar, then I did the alternative Demo Mode entry method. Then did the rest of the process as the guide stated and it worked for me.

Quote:
Alternative Demo Mode entry method:

Create an empty file named DONT_CHECK_BATTERY at the root of the Kindle USB storage
Activate demo mode by typing ;demo into the search bar
Once in demo mode, skip setting up wifi and enter dummy values for store registration when prompted
I wasn't prompted for wifi or store registration when I was in demo mode, so I just skipped those steps and it was fine.
CrosseyeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #3
Kurea
Kurea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you for the tip @CrosseyeJack, finally got it to work :-)
Kurea is offline   Reply With Quote