Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
dubhouse
dubhouse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Touch K5
Kindle Touch 3g data ?

So Amazon doesn't allow for 3g web browsing anymore, but can the jailbreak get around this somehow? Is there a way to get any data over 3g ?
dubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubhouse View Post
So Amazon doesn't allow for 3g web browsing anymore, but can the jailbreak get around this somehow? Is there a way to get any data over 3g ?
Amazon USED to allow browsing via 3G. But it's people like yourself who wanted to circumvent the 3G limits that caused Amazon to drop using 3G for browsing.

Also, it is against MR rules to discuss stealing 3G from Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon USED to allow browsing via 3G. But it's people like yourself who wanted to circumvent the 3G limits that caused Amazon to drop using 3G for browsing.

I don't think the Kindle Touch ever allowed 3G browsing, with the exception of Wikipedia. Unless it's changed, I think 3G browsing is still allowed on the Kindle Keyboard and earlier 3G Kindles.

Here's a link to a 2011 article about the decision not to enable 3G browsing on the (then) about to be released Kindle Touch.

https://lifehacker.com/5846078/kindl...g-web-browsing
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:54 AM   #4
dubhouse
dubhouse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Touch K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I'm not trying to circumvent any limits imposed by Amazon or steal anything from Amazon. Maybe it's people like YOU who convinced Amazon to turn off 3G data.
dubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:03 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not trying to circumvent any limits imposed by Amazon or steal anything from Amazon.
I can't reconcile your two posts.

If you don't want to "circumvent any limits imposed by Amazon", why did you ask about how to "get around this" ?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #6
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I'm preeetty sure discussion of this was banned a long time ago
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:25 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I'm not trying to circumvent any limits imposed by Amazon or steal anything from Amazon. Maybe it's people like YOU who convinced Amazon to turn off 3G data.
I don't own a Kindle with 3G. If I did, why would I want to to convince Amazon to turn off 3G? I think you are just pissed because you aren't allowed to steal 3G data from Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote