Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 05:11 AM   #1
d.smit
d.smit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 2
rare case of "left align" not working - help please

Concerns: F-Secure Weblog.

For better readabilty on my kindle paperwhite I modified every calibre news recipe I am using by inserting the extra_css = 'body { text-align: left; }' command. Until now that has worked nicely to get rid of text being formatted as justified. Now I put the same into the F-Secure Weblog recipe but the result is still "justified". The recipe as such is rather simple. The problem with noncompliance of my wish may have to do with the fact that a "justify" instruction is in the original html. But I read in calibre help that "extra_css" should override most anything. So I am stuck here and ask for your help.

( I include these search keywords for Deutsche and Dutch: linksbündig blocksatz gerechtvaardigd uitlijnen uitgelijnd rechtvaardiging )
d.smit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
extra_css = 'body, p, div { text-align: left !important }'

Or more robustly

conversion_options = { 'change_justification': 'left' }
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #3
d.smit

Sorry to say, I tried both your suggestions, but they had no influence on the outcome?!
Old 02-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
d.smit

To further specify. I put extra_css = 'p { text-align: left}' into the recipe
f_securecustom.recipe
I used the command line
ebook-convert f_securecustom.recipe .mobi --test -vv --debug-pipeline debug
The job is done.
I opened: ...\debug\structure\feed_0\article_0\index.html
Now, in the code of : the file I find:
... <p align="justify">

maybe that is the reason.

But still I do not know how to proceed?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remove_attributes = ['align']
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 AM   #6
d.smit

remove_attributes = ['align'] , that did the job. Thank you.