Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
MBHunter
MBHunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
"Time left in chapter/book" is wrong

Hi,

I have a problem with my PW1. After some time while reading (especially huge books, like "The Stand" by S. King etc.) my PW1 is going crazy with "Time left in chapter/book"... It shows time 4 or 5 times smaller than I actually need to finish the chapter.

Then I'm using the ";ReadingTimeReset" to set this again, but after some time it's going back to this weird values. And it shows for example 15 minutes, but actually I need 45 to finish the chapter.

I can prevent from this issue by non-stop tracking the "time left in..." and when I notice that it's going to be screwd up (for example after switching to the next page, time left in chapter is changing from "45 minutes" to "13 minutes") I can switch 1 page back, and then go forward, and it should get back to normal. But it's quite hard to pick the exact moment when it's happening.

Can something be done with it?
Thanks in advance!
MBHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
You are not the only person to notice this kind of problem. We've discussed it in a couple of other threads, most recently here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225374

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Do any of the Voyages have this problem? That might explain why I thought I was going to finish the book before a reasonable bed time, but ended up going way over!

Maybe I'd better switch back to displaying the page or locate count instead, and stop playing with phony timing! I really miss the progress bar in my K4 and all earlier kindles.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote