Old 04-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #31
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
JPEG option

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
-snip- If you use MobiPocket Creator, you have to turn on the JPEG option to prevent this and with mobigen.exe you need to use -jpeg.
How do I find the JPEG option in MobiPocket Creator? The only JPEG information my Mobipocket Creator 4.0 has is:

"You can add existing HTML or image files (GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP)
To add a file, click on the "Add File (Item)" link in the Available Actions in the left pane."

". . . an image file is converted from its original format into a GIF file and resized to the optimal size for a display in the Mobipocket Reader, i.e. to a size less than 64Kbytes."

Aren't all JPEG files converted to GIF in a MobiPocket e-book? How do I locate and turn on a JPEG otion?

Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #32
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I may be wrong, but I think JPEG support is enabled by default in the newest version. At least that is the case with Mobigen (the -jpeg flag doesn't exist anymore).
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #33
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Choose Create new Publication and then Blank Publication, give it a name and choose Create.

From the resulting menu choose Click here to add a file and from the resulting “load” menu one of the supported formats is Jpeg.

I advise you to not use this as it’s useless, the resulting white margins in the mobipocket eBook are so big and the image is so small that it’s of no use.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #34
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The new firmware was released. Any improvment to its manga reading capability? (Zip support or sub directories or ...)
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #35
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
The new firmware was released. Any improvment to its manga reading capability? (Zip support or sub directories or ...)
No, but PDFs work great when you create them with my script (Linux only I fear). Manga2Ebook might give similar results on Windows, but I never used it.
Advert
Old 05-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #36
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I wonder how the Cybook will manage those PDFs (as even some computers struggle a little bit with 40MB+ PDF files).
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:18 PM   #37
memoryjar
Enthusiast
memoryjar began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 v2
Quote:
I wonder how the Cybook will manage those PDFs (as even some computers struggle a little bit with 40MB+ PDF files).
He doesn't.
memoryjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #38
IceHand
Linux User

Quote:
Some of the manga I've tested had around 200 pages and were about 20 MB large after conversion – no problems occurred. Page turning is a bit slower than with Mobipocket e-books, but that's all. The script resizes the images to a max of 600x800 and reduces the colours to four, so that's why the size of the PDFs is pretty small.