Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-27-2023, 04:01 PM   #1456
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshano View Post
Hi. A bug I discovered yesterday (Libra 2, 4.35 fw, didn't apply the new one yet). While inside the ebook, if you touch the battery icon to see the percentage, in some ocassions (I assume it is when you don't touch exactly in the icon) instead of showing the battery level in the popup window, the entire top strip of the screen blinks once but nothing happens. After that, if you press to go to the Home screen, the e-reader reboots itself.
Interesting. If I press near but not exactly on the battery icon while reading, I get the recently opened popdown (Sage, Libra 2, Clara HD). If I close it and then press Back to Home or Back to Books, that action happens. No reboot seen.

I'm wondering if you have a database corruption issue? What does calibre or an SQLite utility say about your database?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:13 PM   #1457
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
While inside the ebook, if you touch the battery icon to see the percentage, in some ocassions (I assume it is when you don't touch exactly in the icon) instead of showing the battery level in the popup window, the entire top strip of the screen blinks once but nothing happens.
I often see the entire top strip flash, but then the "recently opened" menu appears. It sounds like you're triggering the menu, but it isn't being displayed for some reason, and that's what's causing the crash.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 04:39 PM   #1458
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For checking the database, use calibre with the Kobo Utilities plugin to check if the database is corrupt or not.

If it's not corrupt, install 4.37 and test again and see what happens. I've not installed 4.35. But with 4.34, there is no such bug. I'll be installing 4.37 tomorro so I'll be able to do some testing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:09 AM   #1459
PennyDred
PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura H2O (original)
Advanced font button lost in Large Print mode

On the Kobo Aura H2O, the font settings panel goes over its margin when I set my Kobo to Large Print mode in the beta settings. So if I have the print scale over 145%, I lose the 'Advanced' tool entirely. I'm not sure if the whole panel overflows the screen, or just that the font name selection box expands too far to the right and pushes everything out. I think this is something that could easily be fixed.
Perhaps it's just on my old/smaller model- my Elipsa is not affected. Both of my devices use margin patches, but I assume these only affect the book I'm reading.I'm experiencing this on the latest firmware (4.37...) and the one previous (4.35...)

Last edited by PennyDred; 06-28-2023 at 08:12 AM. Reason: clarity
PennyDred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 04:09 PM   #1460
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes, the large print mode is under beta features presumably so the Kobo developers don't have to spend any time making the UI scale properly. I use it at 120%, which is a small enough increase to avoid breaking the UI too horribly.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:40 PM   #1461
moshano
moshano doesn't littermoshano doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For checking the database, use calibre with the Kobo Utilities plugin to check if the database is corrupt or not.

If it's not corrupt, install 4.37 and test again and see what happens. I've not installed 4.35. But with 4.34, there is no such bug. I'll be installing 4.37 tomorro so I'll be able to do some testing.
Thanks for the info guys, I'll try and post the result.
moshano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #1462
moshano
moshano doesn't littermoshano doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW 11
Quote:
Hi. A bug I discovered yesterday (Libra 2, 4.35 fw, didn't apply the new one yet). While inside the ebook, if you touch the battery icon to see the percentage, in some ocassions (I assume it is when you don't touch exactly in the icon) instead of showing the battery level in the popup window, the entire top strip of the screen blinks once but nothing happens. After that, if you press to go to the Home screen, the e-reader reboots itself.
Hi. New firmware applied and this is exactly what happens: I only have one ebook in the Libra 2, so I opened a sample from the Kobo store and when I press in the top bar the previously opened book panel appears, so that's working fine. Back to my ebook, if I press the top strip, the entire strip flashes and nothing happens because I have no other book previously opened, that's ok. Also I can go back to the home screen without issues. I can repeat this sequence as many times as I want and all works fine. The problem arises when the Libra 2 goes to sleep mode. When it wakes up, if I press inside the book to return to home screen the Libra reboots itself.
moshano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 01:05 PM   #1463
Captain Picard
Captain Picard began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Clara HD Firmware 4.37.21533

Since firmware update my wishlist has started constantly refreshing every few seconds, wont scroll (sometimes comes up with message undating wishlist) and then the device resets. I have tried siging out and then back in but that has not sorted the problem.
Captain Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:31 AM   #1464
cbeaver
cbeaver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo and GloHD
Glo HD WiFi Issue

As of the last update (4.37.21586), my WiFi ceased working Totally. And suggestions?
cbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:47 AM   #1465
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeaver View Post
Glo HD WiFi Issue

As of the last update (4.37.21586), my WiFi ceased working Totally. And suggestions?
Try rebooting your router.
Old 07-10-2023, 07:31 AM   #1466
cbeaver

Perhaps I should have specified that this is the WiFi on my Glo HD.

Everything else, including my Glo, is working correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try rebooting your router.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:23 AM   #1467
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Perhaps I should have specified that this is the WiFi on my Glo HD.

Everything else, including my Glo, is working correctly.
Sometimes a reboot of the router can fix the problem.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:00 AM   #1468
cbeaver

Another weird thing after the update that I just noticed: plugged in the reader for a quick charge, shows 1,258.2 hours until full. One minute later; shows 9 minutes until full. Neither is correct as battery is only 52.5% full.
Old 07-10-2023, 12:51 PM   #1469
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Another weird thing after the update that I just noticed: plugged in the reader for a quick charge, shows 1,258.2 hours until full. One minute later; shows 9 minutes until full. Neither is correct as battery is only 52.5% full.
The long time when you first plug it in is normal since it takes a bit before it had the information to calculate the charge time. The second is a bit strange since my Kobos show moderately accurate time to charge times (moderately is within 50% of the actual time).

If you run your battery down to zero (the ereader turns off) and then fully charge, 3 or 4 cycles of doing this seems to help with getting the time and percentage more accurate.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:01 PM   #1470
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
With the latest firmware, I found the following bugs:

* every existing notebook must go through a long "conversion" process, which tbf can be canceled, before it will open
* it offers to sync every notebook to the rakuten cloud even when that option is turned off globally. if you mistakenly click the sync icon while browsing notebooks, it will transfer the file to rakuten/kobo cloud where it will no longer be allowed to be deleted unless the entire notebook is deleted on the device
* google drive export doesn't seem to work. an attempt to export a notebook to gdrive takes a long time (5+ minutes) and the resulting file is truncated/corrupt (neither the gdrive preview nor other pdf readers of mine were able to open it.)
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app