Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
zqavmf03592
zqavmf03592 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 1st gen
How to enable browser's landscape in KPW 5.4.4?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01#post2155701
I have tried this.
The file path have been changed and I found the new one and edited it.However, It do not work.

Last edited by zqavmf03592; 07-26-2015 at 11:04 PM.
zqavmf03592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zqavmf03592 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01#post2155701
I have tried this.
The file path have been changed and I found the new one and edited it. It do now work.
Care to share what you learned with us?
That would save the next person from having to duplicate the work you have already done.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
zqavmf03592

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Care to share what you learned with us?
That would save the next person from having to duplicate the work you have already done.
I'm sorry. I type a wrong word. It's 'it do not work' rather than 'it do now work'...
I found the new file by
find / -name 'index.html'
Old 07-27-2015, 12:53 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Wasn't the native bridge disabled in the stock browser? So I'm not sure this *should* work...

Anyway, if you want the browser to display in landscape mode, I suggest using baf's hacked browser, see: http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-browser/
It is much more capable, in so many ways, than the stock browser.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #5
zqavmf03592

Thank you. I'll try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Wasn't the native bridge disabled in the stock browser? So I'm not sure this *should* work...

Anyway, if you want the browser to display in landscape mode, I suggest using baf's hacked browser, see: http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-browser/
Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

Also, be careful while having your PW-1 connected to the Internet that it does not pickup (and use) the OTA update to 5.6.1.1 firmware.

Just in case, install the newest jailbreak (built earlier today) on your PW-1. Do it **NOW**

Filter the posts by the prefix "tools", you will find NiLuJe's snapshots thread near the top of the list. That is where you will find the most recent everything.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote