Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
sukhoi
sukhoi began at the beginning.

Device: K4 NT
Cool K4 NT Clock-Date Screensaver

I have a K4 non-touch. I want to turn it into a digital clock when not in use. I want it to display:

1. Time
2. Date
3. Phase of moon (if possible)

Is there such a screensaver for my Kindle?

In case there isn't, where can I find the information to design such a screensaver myself? This is the tentative algorithm that I've thought of:

1. Disable the screensaver that kicks in after 2 minutes of inactivity.
2. Display the time, date & phase of moon in large block font.
3. Go into sleep mode for 60 seconds.
4. Wake up. Goto step 2.
5. Escape from this loop if the power button is pressed.

There must also be a way to disable this screensaver and revert to the normal one.

Thanks.
sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
I have a K4 non-touch. I want to turn it into a digital clock when not in use. I want it to display:

1. Time
2. Date
3. Phase of moon (if possible)

Is there such a screensaver for my Kindle?

In case there isn't, where can I find the information to design such a screensaver myself? This is the tentative algorithm that I've thought of:

1. Disable the screensaver that kicks in after 2 minutes of inactivity.
2. Display the time, date & phase of moon in large block font.
3. Go into sleep mode for 60 seconds.
4. Wake up. Goto step 2.
5. Escape from this loop if the power button is pressed.

There must also be a way to disable this screensaver and revert to the normal one.

Thanks.
There are similar screensavers posted here - -
Such as the one that displays the current weather.

When searching this site, don't forget to check for what you want in the master wiki index.
That is in the "Where do I start" sticky thread here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
See for example this screensaver for inspiration: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236104
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote