Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's only Mobi books that it matters for - as you say, it's pretty irrelevent for the Sony.

What I generally do, if I can't find anything nice on the web, is use a graphics package to create a 600x800 graphic, fill it with dark blue or black, and add the title and the author in 36pt white text, and use that as the cover image. That shows up nicely on the CyBook's "thumbnail" view on its library screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Cover template for Gimp

Attached my cover template (600x800) for the Gimp along with two examples.
Maybe somebody will find it useful...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Poe_Stelldichein.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	22930   Click image for larger version

Name:	alice_im_wunderland2.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	22932  
Attached Files
File Type: zip cover_template.zip (648.6 KB, 506 views)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Often you can get covers from the Google Books PDF files. Though you may have to use the clone tool to remove stickers or library bar codes.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #19
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
LOL, naturally I find the threads about covers after I post my first comment and covers on HarryT's Tom Swift thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13638

Since HarryT's Young Adult books are among the first books I ever read I think they should have the original covers (or extrapolations) where ever possible. I can still feel the raised embossing and smell the old book smell they had and seeing the old covers in my MobiPocketReader app fills me with pleasure.

I used mobi2mobi.exe (win32) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17718 and Mobi2Mobi_GUI.exe https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21763 to attempt to add a cover to HarryT's prc file for the Air Service Boys Omnibus https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21201 with limited success. While the my cover (first below) is displayed in the MobiPocketReader's right side bar HarryT's blue cover still shows up as the icon (?) in the main display. Selecting "Cover" from MobiPocketReader/Contents also displays my cover. All rather odd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AirServiceBoysCover.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	23327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Set_AirService.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	23328  

Last edited by NormHart; 02-13-2009 at 10:18 AM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's both a full-sized cover and a "thumbnail" - have you replaced both?
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's both a full-sized cover and a "thumbnail" - have you replaced both?
Using the Mobi2Mobi_GUI.exe "Open Image" button I selected the cover image (jpg) and checked both the "Use Image" and "Use as Thumbnail" radio buttons.

Opening the created file with Mobi2Mobi_GUI shows my cover in both the Thumbnail and Cover windows. However in the recently downloaded Mobipocket Reader the created file continues to use your blue screen of death style cover.

Don't know if it is a failure with my technique, your file, or something wacky with the Reader. I am seeing several oddities with the Reader, don't know whether they are flaws or features.

Last edited by NormHart; 02-16-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

Quick follow up, I tried my covers with the Tom Swift series with the same result. I also tried the airserviceboys cover on 'Steve and the Steam Engine.prc' from RWood https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13949 and it worked fine.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:29 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I create my books with Mobi Creator - perhaps it's something specific to that tool?

I'd suggest we move this to the "Mobi" tools forum and ask tompe's help - he's the author of "Mobi2mobi". Would you like to create a new thread there?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Strange. It might be that something is missing in the file that the new Reader requires but that is hard to know since the format is secret.

Maybe you should try to add the thumbnail image separately? Or try to use the command line:
Code:
   mobi2mobi --addthumbnail image.jpg --outfile res1.mobi in.mobi
   mobi2mobi --coverimage image.jpg --outfile res2.mobi res1.mobi
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote