Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
nubbol
nubbol began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to apply the enhancements/patches ?

Hi,

I apologize in advance if my question is too basic. I just discovered calibre and I would be seriously considering it as my default pc-reader if it wasn't for the lack of highlighting and commenting options.

I found an enhancement that seems to solve the problem (http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5171). But I do not know how to apply the patch, as I don't find some of the files I should be modifying in my pc.

I would be very happy if anybody could hint me a bit on how to solve this, if possible.

All the best
nubbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbol View Post
Hi,

I apologize in advance if my question is too basic. I just discovered calibre and I would be seriously considering it as my default pc-reader if it wasn't for the lack of highlighting and commenting options.

I found an enhancement that seems to solve the problem (http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5171). But I do not know how to apply the patch, as I don't find some of the files I should be modifying in my pc.

I would be very happy if anybody could hint me a bit on how to solve this, if possible.

All the best
Write the Patch and submit it to Kovid for approval and inclusion

That ticket appears to still be open.

Completed patches are usually in the (almost) weekly releases
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I just discovered calibre and I would be seriously considering it as my default pc-reader if it wasn't for the lack of highlighting and commenting options.
Calibre is primarily a ebook management program. So it does not yet have these features.

Quote:
There is no patch you can apply. One developer was working with Kovid (calibre's creator) to create these additions to calibre's reader. Reading through the enhancement request it looks like the person creating the patch to have this a feature may have run out of gas.

Quote:
The only way to solve this is to make another app the primary reader for your preferred file type, then go to preferences - interface and uncheck that file type from opening with calibre's internal viewer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote