Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Nook Wifi - Can be ordered internationally!

I realised that Nook Wifi version can be ordered internationally directly from Barnesandnoble.com. You can use your actual outside US shipping address and your credit card (not necessary a US card).
Although it is not clear how helpful this will be, as it seems still ebooks purchase from B&N site needs US local address / VPN.

EDIT 24 Jun 2010:
B&N is not accepting international orders anymore. It seems more like a glitch in their site for the 1st day which accepted international orders??

Last edited by krish; 06-24-2010 at 12:12 PM.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, you can order it internationally. I've sent an email to B&N asking about purchasing books outside USA.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #3
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
This is great news for whoever's outside of the US.

The shipping from US to here cost me around US$10. Anyone who ordered the nook from outside the US can give a heads up to how much it costs?
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #4
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I just ordered one a few hours ago. I had been jumping from one option to another for months, but this new price and international shipping did it for me.

I ordered the nook Wi-Fi as well as the Dillane Plaid Cover in "Night" (i.e. black), and the total shipping cost for the two was $18.47, which I think is quite reasonable.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
I too ordered one. Shipping cost if you order only nook is 12.98USD. Very cheap - similar to getting any paperback book from US.
I ordered with industriell cover black and it cost 18.47USD.
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Haha cool! Thanks guys Where are y'all at?
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 AM   #7
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I'm in the Middle (of the?) East.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I ordered the nook Wi-Fi as well as the Dillane Plaid Cover in "Night" (i.e. black), and the total shipping cost for the two was $18.47, which I think is quite reasonable.
That shipping sounds very reasonable. I spent $20 on shipping to Norway to get a wall charger for my Kindle that weighs next to nothing.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
But keep in mind, that you will have customs fees and taxes on it. Over here in Germany it is 19% tax and I think no custom fee.

Depending where you live, check that our first!
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos View Post
But keep in mind, that you will have customs fees and taxes on it. Over here in Germany it is 19% tax and I think no custom fee.
No custom fee, mos? Just the import sales tax? I can't remember what i had to pay when i got my PRS-505... Anyway, i will order two nooks today. Let's see what it will cost all in all...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
kmac
kmac began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
I just tried to order one to Canada. No can do.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac View Post
I just tried to order one to Canada. No can do.
Strange. I ordered two NOOK WiFi some minutes ago from germany. All went fine so far and i got a confimation email. Another german user, who ordered some hours ago, received a shipment confirmation email already.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
kmac
kmac began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Strange. I ordered two NOOK WiFi some minutes ago from germany. All went fine so far and i got a confimation email. Another german user, who ordered some hours ago, received a shipment confirmation email already.
Maybe Canada is being excluded and Germany not? I get this message when I try to checkout:

In compliance with shipping regulations, some item(s) in your order cannot be sent to ... in Canada.
Please provide another address below or edit your cart to remove the following item(s):
NOOK WiFi
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
how much is shipping to germany?
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Won't ship to the UK

Exactly the same message as kmac received.

Why would Germany be OK and not the UK; seems odd to me.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote