Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
smoley
smoley began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs700
just lost my Sony PRS700

Hi all --
I'm so upset. I recently lost (or had stolen) my Sony PRS700. I know there are lots of opinions about whether it is a good reader or not but I really liked it and it was a gift. I'd like to replace it but of course they aren't making them any more.

Suggestions....???
smoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Oh no! I would wait a little and see if it turns up. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They aren't being made, but they're easy enough to buy second-hand. You could post a "Wanted" ad in our "Flea Market" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi smoley and welcome to MobileRead. Bummer about your 700. What were the circumstances. If you lost it, in a public place there is a chance it could be returned. Some MR members have had that happen. Let us know if it does turn up.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
I am sorry that this happened to you. Maybe it will return to you. If not, look at this as an opportunity to get something new and different that you can love as much as the one you had. The world of ereaders has really grown.
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
wow. That just plain sucks...big time.

I would call up the cops and let them know you lost it (some people turn in found items to them), or place an ad for a lost item in the local craig's list. I understand that you probably have no chance of getting it back that way, but you never know. Also if you used it on a sony account maybe there is a way to let them know that it is stolen through your account and they can at least deny the next person who tries to use sony library access and setup that reader.

*shrug* I am not certain about any of what I said (I never been where you are at to try), but maybe it's something worth looking into.

Last edited by happy_terd; 01-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Welcome to MR - bummer about the reader. Hope it turns up. If not, I reckon 2010 will be an exciting year for a replacement as so many new reader will be launched this year.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sorry to hear. I think the 600 is the closest to it, or the 900 maybe.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
After reading this, I entered my personal info under "Text Memo" and "Handwriting" on my PRS-600. I was surprised, when I got mine, that there wasn't somewhere to enter personal info. It may or may not help - God forbid I lose it somewhere - but it can't hurt.

I think the Sony store, like the Amazon one, has no direct way to record a missing e-reader, nor to stop someone else from using it. This (along with Apple's refusal to "brick" lost iPhones/iPods that try to access the iTunes store) has been in the news several times lately. Would be nice if there was a remote disable feature on electronic items that can't be bypassed by someone who's not the owner.

I do hope you find your reader!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote