Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Hanlin V5 does not see SD Card

My Hanlin V5 does not recognise the SD Card. I first noticed it when I tried to update the firmware. It was delivered with the Chinese version and I wanted to upgrade to the English. I formated the card to FAT 16 and downloaded the bin file to it. When I started to installation process I got an error message saying there was no SD Card. I then tried switching from internal memory to the SD Card. Again I got an error message saying there was no SD card.
When I connect to a PC both discs are present.
Any help appreciated
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I might be wrong; but I thought they need to be fat32 formatted..
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks for your input erosco, however the Jinke website indicates FAT 16
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You need FAT16 for the Hanln V3 in some cases, but I'm sure it is FAT32 for the V5.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks wallcraft, I will try it.
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Roy.

Try using this utility
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #7
roytravis
Enthusiast

Stormchild, I think you have left out the attachment
Old 01-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html
Old 01-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
Stormchild
Evangelist

Sorry. DOH
Old 01-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
roytravis
Enthusiast

Thanks Stormchild, I have reformatted the card to Fat 32 as suggested by wallcraft and I am waiting to try it in the reader. My son has it at present but is coming around tomorrow morning and I will; give it a try.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
Stormchild
Evangelist

Good luck. Fat 32 should work but the Panasonic utility is a great last resort.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
roytravis
Enthusiast

Hi all I have tried the FAT 32 solution but it still reports no sd card. I now feel that the hardware may be faulty so it is back to the retailer.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #13
allen
allen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by roytravis View Post
Hi all I have tried the FAT 32 solution but it still reports no sd card. I now feel that the hardware may be faulty so it is back to the retailer.
Roytravis,
Try another SD card. If it won't be work, may be there is something wrong about the SD slot.
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What size is the card? I read it can't be too small or too large...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #15
allen
allen began at the beginning.

Device: none
You may try 2 GB, actually it can support 16 GB max.
allen is offline   Reply With Quote