Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 08:26 AM   #16
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Here is a third nomination for Flash Forward.
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #17
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'd lke to nominate The Tide Mill by Richard Herley
Seconded. I loved his other book we read.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #18
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
dreams created a very useful list on Feedbooks listing MR Authors: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/1121
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
dreams created a very useful list on Feedbooks listing MR Authors: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/1121
Hey very cool.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
I would like to third The Tide Mill
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What makes a MR author? Is it just someone who's an author that's posted here or???
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok,

I am going to renew my nomination from April for:

The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=21734
1997 Nebula Award winner

Set in Versailles, France, in 1693, The Moon and the Sun tells the story of a Marie-Josephe, a lady-in-waiting to the niece of Louis XIV -- the Sun King. Marie-Josephe's brother, Father Yves de la Croix, is a Jesuit and also the King's natural philosopher and explorer. He has brought the King a living sea woman and a dead male, both captured on an ocean voyage. So begins a rich tale of conscience, politics, science, history, and love.

Available at http://www.vondanmcintyre.com/index-fiction.html

Also... I want to nominate:

Verdant Skies by Steven Jordan
The summary is here: http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels/verdant.htm

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Seems to be missing some...

Steven Jordan
Dennis Batchelder
Tracy Falbe
Vonda N. McIntyre
Richard Herley

Probably more I can't think of right now.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 09-22-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Seems to be missing some...

Steven Jordan
Dennis Batchelder
Tracy Falbe
Vonda N. McIntyre
Richard Herley

Probably more I can think of right now.

BOb
Charles Stross
Cory Doctorow - EDIT: Not a member I guess

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-26-2009 at 02:27 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
C.J. Cherryh (She's at least stopped by and made some posts; I'm not sure what a "mobileread author" is.)

Several authors in the "Writer's Corner" forum; I'm not going to try to list every author who's made a "my ebook is available at Amazon" post. Also, several authors have stopped into the "Free/Bargains" forum to point out when their books are available or on sale.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
C.J. Cherryh (She's at least stopped by and made some posts; I'm not sure what a "mobileread author" is.)

Several authors in the "Writer's Corner" forum; I'm not going to try to list every author who's made a "my ebook is available at Amazon" post. Also, several authors have stopped into the "Free/Bargains" forum to point out when their books are available or on sale.
I would say any author that "contributes" here more than a "Come buy my book or come get my book for free message."

BOb
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok,

I am going to renew my nomination from April for:

The Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=21734
1997 Nebula Award winner

Set in Versailles, France, in 1693, The Moon and the Sun tells the story of a Marie-Josephe, a lady-in-waiting to the niece of Louis XIV -- the Sun King. Marie-Josephe's brother, Father Yves de la Croix, is a Jesuit and also the King's natural philosopher and explorer. He has brought the King a living sea woman and a dead male, both captured on an ocean voyage. So begins a rich tale of conscience, politics, science, history, and love.

Available at http://www.vondanmcintyre.com/index-fiction.html

Also... I want to nominate:

Verdant Skies by Steven Jordan
The summary is here: http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels/verdant.htm

BOb
I'd like to second both of those if I might.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #28
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post

Cool! I'm impressed that some of the people I've read for year (or years ago ) are around here!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #29
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I've already read Tide Mill and I'm not too keen on science fiction, so I'll third Moon and the Sun by Vonda McIntyre.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Charles Stross
Cory Doctorow
Simon Haynes (Spacejock)

BOb