Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

New Yorker Article on the Kindle

Check out

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

Pretty critical of the Kindle, but I find I don't disagree with a lot of what the writer says.
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Interestingly enough, the writer claimed that ALL Amazon Kindle books were formatted in Topaz! No mention of mobi/azw.

So much attention to trivial details - the box, the packaging, etc. - not on the reader itself.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
I was about to post this, but got too sucked into reading it instead. And like ylsul, I don't really disagree with a lot of what the author has written. And yes, the Topaz error is a bit annoying.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
ylsul
Connoisseur

...although in all fairness, I think some of the criticism can be applied to all readers of this type...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylsul View Post
...although in all fairness, I think some of the criticism can be applied to all readers of this type...
Certainly. And while I don't agree with most of the criticisms, I can understand them...and it was one of the most well-written articles critical of the Kindle that I have read.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
ylsul
Connoisseur

I love they way the color is described as "post-mortem gray." I nearly snarfed my coffee!

Tags
newyorker review