Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
frikk
Amateur PRS505'er
frikk began at the beginning.

Device: sony rs-505
Scientific American Digital PDFs on the PRS-505

Hey everyone,
I'm in the market for a PRS-505. One thing thats really caught my eye (and my potential purchase) is the Scientific American Digital subscription. http://www.sciamdigital.com/

I was wondering if anyone has tried these PDFs? Or, if someone could load the 20-page sample PDF onto their Sony PRS-505 and let me know how it turns out? That would be *awesome* Here: http://www.sciamdigital.com/index.cf...omo&sc=I110459

Thanks!
frikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can read the Scientific American on your 505 using calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
You can download the Sony "ebook library" software from their support site and give it a go. It will show you what a file will look like on the Reader. You can also preview what it looks like after more sophisticated formatting like that provided by the calibre software.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
frikk
Amateur PRS505'er

Awesome. Thanks BobVA and kovidGoyal!
Old 04-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Plus... right now the download version of SciAm using Calibre is still completely free of charge, with no paid subscription required. As far as I can tell it has most of the major articles from the printed magazine.
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
frikk
Amateur PRS505'er

oh, is that like a built in feature of calibre? I havent checked the software out yet.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes it is. click the fetch news button
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
frikk
Amateur PRS505'er

oh awesome. thanks man! you'll be receiving a donation from me soon (once i get my reader and get it all figured out).