Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #31
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Sure. But it's better to fix the original sources once than to have lots of folks edit them. Over and over and over and...

Xenophon
So fix it and mail the files to the author instead of just complaining? The guy released three book for free and you are breaking his balls over a very minor issue.

Last edited by Sporadic; 04-08-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
So fix it and mail the files to the author instead of just complaining? The guy released three book for free and you are breaking his balls over a very minor issue.
If I came across as "breaking his balls" I surely misspoke. It's not a huge issue, it's just an annoying thing that didn't need to be the way it is. As for fixing it and mailing him the files, that might happen if the necessary time becomes available.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #33
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Looking at the HTML I got from the PRC, I'd guess that Word was involved at some point. I've tried to extract & clean up the HTML & create a ePub, which I've done & emailed off to the author, but it was mostly trying to remove what looked to be automated, per-tag style settings...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 PM   #34
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
Looking at the HTML I got from the PRC, I'd guess that Word was involved at some point. I've tried to extract & clean up the HTML & create a ePub, which I've done & emailed off to the author, but it was mostly trying to remove what looked to be automated, per-tag style settings...
Gwyn's been a big help getting all three books converted to the EPUB format. I'll have those posted in the next few days.

If you have downloaded the Mobi versions recently, I was alerted that they had a few minor typos, and those versions have now been corrected. So if you'd like a clean Mobi version, those are now updated on my site.

Thanks,
Boyd
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #35
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Huzzah! Thanks, Boyd for your novels. They're on my 'to read as soon as possible list'.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydm View Post
All three books are now available on my site in EPUB format.
Thanks, Gwyn!
Glad to help! I have to say it became a lot easier when I took a second look at your site and realised that your online versions were nice, clean HTML that were easy to pull down and only needed minor tweaks to consolidate the chapters before running the result through Calibre.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #37
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
If I could get one or all in epub or lrf for the prs505, I would be all over these. Sound interesting. And I agree, the tip jar is a great idea. If I could get them I would throw something in there.

I am adept at the whole converting thing, and don't want to be, but if someone else could do that, I'm in. Irregardless, we appreciate it Boyd!
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #38
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
If I could get one or all in epub or lrf for the prs505, I would be all over these. Sound interesting. And I agree, the tip jar is a great idea. If I could get them I would throw something in there.

I am adept at the whole converting thing, and don't want to be, but if someone else could do that, I'm in. Irregardless, we appreciate it Boyd!
They are now available as epubs on Boyd's site.

And thank you both Boyd & Gwyn!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:39 AM   #39
gwynevans
Wizzard

[Removed] Duplicated post!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #40
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I'm well into The Ark now and really enjoying it. I find it as well written as any book I've paid for.
I'd be willing to put into a tip jar for sure. Living in Australia I can't buy via Amazon.
People who like Clive Cussler or Matthew Reilly would enjoy this book I think.

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #41
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
I finished The Palmyra Impact last night - once I started it, I just couldn't stop! Very enjoyable read, thank you.
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #42
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just finished The Ark. What a fun book to read! Less formulaic than Cussler, less contrived than Dan Brown, but with all the non-stop action. The science was feasible and the engineering detail added a nice angle. I will certainly be reading the other two books, and I can't wait for a pbook edition to give my non ebook-enlightened friends!

Thanks for a great read!
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
Boydm
Connoisseur
Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Boydm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Thanks to everyone for reading my books! It's great to hear your feedback.

Cheers,
Boyd
Boydm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #44
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I have just finished The Ark. What a riveting story and so well written. I could easily imagine this being turned into a major blockbuster film. You really should consider a Tips Jar as I would gladly pay something.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #45
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
With the amount of praise your books are getting both here and elsewhere, I can't imagine why no major publisher was willing to buy them.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote