Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
Kindle 1st Gen for Sale

My Kindle 1st Gen is up for sale on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230333102863

It will not come with any books since I'll be wiping all my files off it and de-registering it before shipping. That's right. If anything, you'll just have the free user's manual. That's ok. If you're on mobileread, I'm pretty sure you know how to find new ebooks lickety-split.

The upsides:
Free Shipping via UPS Ground with tracking number in USA.
10% of MY auction proceeds will go to the charity "Reading Is Fundamental". Don't feel pressured into bidding more on it just because a charity is involved but know you're supporting something other than your gadget lust .
-- I'm more of the give directly to a charity (and get a tax benefit) sort myself. However, I feel that this is a great device for those who love to read and in turn, it has the power to do good by promoting literacy. I'm continually dismayed when I go into bookstores or on public transport because so few people have their noses in a book. This is a little "something" in this economy to encourage literacy- with a little well intentioned, good hearted irony.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-31-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: added item link for easy cut, paste. // Item sold on ebay. - Dr. Drib
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
If I had the money I'd do it. I'm becoming more and more dismayed at the tendency to equate "Kindle" with "Ebook Reader", and have about decided the only way to "cover all the bases" as it were, is to buy a used Kindle 1 (I don't want a Kindle 2, the no SD card is a deal killer for me), in addition to my EZ Reader. However, money is tight, and I just bought the EZ Reader a month or so ago, so....I'll have to keep waiting, even though it's a good price.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
I've got your auction on my watch list. Would love to be able to pick up a Kindle 1 for under $200. I've got a Kindle 2 for myself, but both my Michael and my Daddy kinda like it so if I were to pick up a Kindle 1 I could let them fight over it for my love. ♥

PS - we're in the midst of the selling our house here in the Boston suburbs and are moving to San Jose within the next 3-6 months.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
PS - we're in the midst of the selling our house here in the Boston suburbs and are moving to San Jose within the next 3-6 months.
Eeek... your going to become a left coaster eh. good luck on such a long move. Is this job for a move. Isn't that silicon valley, or close to it anyway?

Although I expect the weather will be much better.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Eeek... your going to become a left coaster eh. good luck on such a long move. Is this job for a move. Isn't that silicon valley, or close to it anyway?

Although I expect the weather will be much better.

BOb
Yup, the move is job-related for my husband. So in that regard, at least are moving expenses are being taken care of. But it's a move we've wanted to make for awhile anyway. My mom and my sister have already relocated out to the left coast more than 10 years ago.

And yeah, San Jose is the heart of Silicon Valley. Most of the houses and condos we've had our eye on have been there, but also the surrounding communities of Campbell (which is actually my favorite) and a few in Santa Clara (though that's a bit more dumpy).

But I certainly won't miss these damn New England winters anymore! And if I do get a craving for the right coast again, and all those good old "New England values", I just need to hop on a plane. My dad or one of several friends I grew up with (since many stayed in this area) would be more than happy to put me up. The average temp year round in the San Jose area is about 70 deg F (21 C), with it not getting much hotter than mid 80's during the summer (30 C) and only occasionally down in the freezing range in the winter. It's the perfect climate, and just a hop, skip, and jump from San Francisco as well.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
1st gen, kindle, sale, sell