Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
malduin
malduin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony!!
Hoping to make the plunge

Hi,
I would certainly like to invest in an e-book, not an easy thing to do in Australia. I am very much drawn to the Sony reader through the research I have done so fare, and was about to buy one from B&H as you can't buy them in Aussie. However, I was surprised to find that Sony won't allow you to download books from Sony connect - only US and Canada - hard to understand their philosophy in this supposed era of globalisation. I am so pleased to find this site as it will be of great help in determining my next move and what other options are available to me.

cheers,
malduin
malduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by malduin View Post
Hi,
I would certainly like to invest in an e-book, not an easy thing to do in Australia. I am very much drawn to the Sony reader through the research I have done so fare, and was about to buy one from B&H as you can't buy them in Aussie. However, I was surprised to find that Sony won't allow you to download books from Sony connect - only US and Canada - hard to understand their philosophy in this supposed era of globalisation. I am so pleased to find this site as it will be of great help in determining my next move and what other options are available to me.

cheers,
malduin
Welcome - I know that several other Australians have lamented the lack of ereader and ebook availability, in posts at this forum. Suggest that you make a specific post asking the Aussies to give you their tips on purchase both devices and ebooks.

Cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi malduin and welcome to the Forum. I'm pretty sure you can buy books Sony books from Australia using Sony gift cards. And there are members here who can get them for you.

Been to Tasi in the past (Hobart and Launcestern) and thought it was beautiful. Best lobster ever!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
malduin
malduin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony!!
Sony Reader

Thanks for that information, never heard of gift cards before. I contacted Sony asking when or if they intended coming to Australia and received the useful reply that they didn't know but to keep watching their website. At the moment I am trying to locate alternative websites with compatible ebooks. I have a Oxford dictionary and thesaurus currently on my Palm and don't seem to be able to find these for the Sony thus far. Yes, I think Tassie is a nice place to live but as you see, living so far away from most of the action has its drawbacks,

cheers,
malduin is offline   Reply With Quote