Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The voting poll has been posted.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #47
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hello, I'm a newbie to the book club but like the idea of broadening my reading tastes.
I can see this is the thread for nominations but I can't see which book has been chosen (and it's Sept 4th so assume this has already been done)...unless of course you take a couple of weeks to chose and a couple to read...hmmm, maybe I've answered my own question.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Elliot View Post
Hello, I'm a newbie to the book club but like the idea of broadening my reading tastes.
I can see this is the thread for nominations but I can't see which book has been chosen (and it's Sept 4th so assume this has already been done)...unless of course you take a couple of weeks to chose and a couple to read...hmmm, maybe I've answered my own question.
Here's the thread you want...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220871

The book for this month is The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie. Discussion usually starts on the 20th of each month, but some jump in later if they haven't had time to finish.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #49
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
First off: Welcome!

Take a look at this thread: September Book Club Vote

The selection this month is The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie. We will start discussion on the 20th of the month which lets everyone choose when to start to be done in time based on how fast they read so we can all finish about the same time for discussion.

I know a lot of people take the nomination threads and use them for reading suggestions but the only one we officially discuss is the selected one in the vote thread. If you do want to discuss others feel free to start a thread in the "reading recommendations" forum or just post in the "Lets get some action going" thread.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #50
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
Welcome Grace :-)
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Welcome to the club, Grace Elliot. As has been mentioned, discussions always begin on the 20th of the month. That's also when nominations begin in a separate thread for the next month's reading choice. The nomination process usually takes around 5 days and is immediately followed by the vote in a new separate thread.

The current happenings of both book clubs are always to be found in the sticky section of the Book Clubs forum. You can also watch MobileRead's Home Page for the nominations and voting announcements, although these days you have to be quick as the front page has become very active as of late and announcements tend to be crowded off quickly.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote