Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
JimPAX
JimPAX began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+, nook color, nook simpletouch, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Unhappy Syncing Calibre Companion with already existing books

Sorry if this is in the "asked and answered" category, but a 30 minute search has given me no love.

I have a microSD card in my Nook HD+ that has 1000+ books from my calibre library already loaded. Calibre (I think) organized them in the root directory, filing them in separate folders by author. So, for example, all of Isaac Asimov's books are in the folder "Asimov, Isaac" which is at the top level of the SD card's directory. This has been convenient . . .until now.

For some reason, when using Calibre on my new MacBook Pro, it will not "see" my Nook HD+ via the USB cable. But, never fear, I have Calibre Companion!
Um. . . well. . . so here's my question. How do I get Calibre Companion to see all of the books from my Calibre Library that are already there? Alternatively, how do I get Calibre to "see" that much of it's contents are already present, but on my SD card, not in the device's (limited) main memory?

Any ideas?
JimPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Copy the books to CCs folder, or use CCs preferences to tell CC that its default folder is wherever your books are currently stored. See CCs FAQs for info on how to change CCs default folders. And be sure that CCs "scan folder for books" preference is checked.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre companion, nook hd+, sd card, wireless device