Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I love the K3 and would love to have more memory and the text to speech option back but I would never go back. Flipping pages by touching the screen and typing on the screen keyboard is very natural to me. The lit screen is also great since I no longer have to worry about room lighting when I want to read. It is perfect in any location with any lighting.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I had a kindle keyboard, before the on/off switch borke and I got a paperwhite. Personally I don't miss the page turn buttons.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I love the K3 and would love to have more memory and the text to speech option back but I would never go back. Flipping pages by touching the screen and typing on the screen keyboard is very natural to me. The lit screen is also great since I no longer have to worry about room lighting when I want to read. It is perfect in any location with any lighting.
Yes it's great to be reading in bed and when someone turns off the light you can keep right on reading. I use to gripe at hubby when I was reading on my K3 to give me a minute to get the book sync to the server and he would get impatient tapping his foot while I did that. The PW has solved my bed reading problems!

He doesn't complain like he did with the K3 Lighted cover, book light and even Kindle Fire. I don't yell at him about turning off the light when I am reading and pulling me out of the book. It's bliss.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
The cursor is very useful for comics. I do not know if the magnification is remembered with PW as with K3?

This is something not mentioned in this thread.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #20
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Paperwhite all the way

I just got PW today Haven't read in complete dark yet, but as far as I can tell I am either colour insensitive or the screen seems to be just fine. I think I have a feeling I am seeing something pinkish which I cannot define but that might be after reading about all the not so good PWs and seeing something that isn't there.
In any case, after using Kindle Keyboard for 2 years my impression is that I will never miss the page turn buttons nor the physical keyboard And that this is a way better device than the Keyboard...
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert