Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #166
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You sure? I thought the discussion only came after it was removed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #167
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You sure? I thought the discussion only came after it was removed.
Yes, I remember the bug report and thought about commenting on it. The next beta had the change and and the discussion started. I keep wondering what would have happened if I'd said something
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #168
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Thank you Davidfor for your Calibre driver update!
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #169
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Hello
I am having trouble removing shelves with calibre on My Kobo aura SD card
I had series as the shelf name and deleted series from the driver.

Metadata management is automatic

The shelves are still there athough they do not show up in calibre any more.

I restarted calibre, restarted the Aura, sent a book, removed a book, removed the SD card and reset a couple of times, and still the shelves are on the device. I even rebooted my computer.

Am kind of at a loss, next step is to remove books and resend them or the evil factory reset.

I must be missing something here.

Any hints

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #170
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Hello
I am having trouble removing shelves with calibre on My Kobo aura SD card
I had series as the shelf name and deleted series from the driver.
<snip>
Do you have "Delete Empty Bookshelves" set in the Driver config ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #171
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Do you have "Delete Empty Bookshelves" set in the Driver config ?

BobC
Yes I do, checked twice now

Changed to manual management and all the collections appeared again in the card A list. Back to auto and they were gone from list but still showed up on aura.

Deleting all the books now.

Helen
Old 04-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #172
speakingtohe
Wizard

Deleted all books and shelves are gone
Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #173
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonfresh View Post
Code:
Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire
The Hunger Games - 2
Just got my Kobo Mini today, and above is how I have mine shown. My question here, is there anyway to make the series info (shown on line 3) any bolder? I can barely read it it's so small and light.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #174
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Unfortunately the choice of font and brightness is out of our control. The only thing you might want to try is to use a metadata plugboard to add the series info to the book title as calibre transfers it. With that approach you would see

Xanth - 01 - A Spell for Chameleon
Piers Anthony
Xanth - 1
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #175
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Unfortunately the choice of font and brightness is out of our control. The only thing you might want to try is to use a metadata plugboard to add the series info to the book title as calibre transfers it. With that approach you would see

Xanth - 01 - A Spell for Chameleon
Piers Anthony
Xanth - 1

Thanks, I will either do that, or just put the next-in-series book on the Kobo instead of multiple books in a series.

edit - yes, that is what I will do, to put less strain on my eyes.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-29-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #176
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I had that same problem with the library listing. In some situations I know that line of text with the series name and number on it would be absolutely unreadable for me making it totally useless. I opted for just the series # in the name, since each series also has its own bookshelf, so the length of the book name didn't get ridiculously long and cut off.

Changing the text and that it's also in grey could be another item on the future firmware wishlist for me.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #177
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I had that same problem with the library listing. In some situations I know that line of text with the series name and number on it would be absolutely unreadable for me making it totally useless. I opted for just the series # in the name, since each series also has its own bookshelf, so the length of the book name didn't get ridiculously long and cut off.

Changing the text and that it's also in grey could be another item on the future firmware wishlist for me.
Long series + titles wraps around to the second line though, so I can still read it. Well, I guess they don't if the 3rd line appears.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-29-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #178
salinda
salinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watchsalinda is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo glo, bebook club s
i have done this, but i want to know, if i must change someting in the send to devive section, because there is a line to that you can change, with my bebook i used this line for my maps on the reader
salinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #179
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
On the "Sending books to devices" page, the "Metadata management" needs to be set to automatic. The date format is not used anywhere. The save template is used as the default but is saved with the driver options the first time you make changes using the driver configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #180
Toris
Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.Toris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kobo and bebook
Hi, I have been using calibre with my shelves for some time now, with this post as a guide it has gone very well.

But, now I am having an issue, I have encountered a situation where I need some of my books shelved in Topic, not Series.

So, I used the #myshelves to do this, but they are now shelving under both?

I cannot find what I did wrong, so if anyone could help to set this up, I would most appreciate any advice.

What I need is this:

Topic shelves: books with Topic in #myshelves are put in Topic shelves.
Series shelves: books with Series field are put in Series shelves.
Neither: books with no Topic or Series go in a shelf, Uncatagorized.

How do I make it so it will only match one? So that book with Topic and data in the Series field will only go in its Topic shelf?
Toris is offline   Reply With Quote