Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Mimzy
Mimzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Getting Kindle Books onto harddrive?

I hope I'm putting this in the right place... For my birthday my family generously bought me a lot of kindle edition books and had them sent to my account. The only problem is that I have a Kobo. It's my own fault as I told them I wanted e-books and gave them the titles without ever mentioning that they had to buy them from the Kobo store, but I still want them on my reader so I'm not forced to read them on my computer.

So, is there any way to download Kindle books onto my harddrive? And can someone please link me to the forum posts that talk about how to transfer kindle books into epubs? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Thank you very much!
Mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimzy View Post
So, is there any way to download Kindle books onto my harddrive?
Yes, if you are using Windows or MacOS. You would need to download and install the appropriate Kindle for PC/Mac application. Once this app is regestered to the account holding the ebooks you will be able to download them and read them in the app.

Quote:
And can someone please link me to the forum posts that talk about how to transfer kindle books into epubs?
Here at MR, the "calibre" forum and its "Conversion" sub-forum would be the place to go for conversion information. Note that most Amazon ebooks will be "locked" with DRM preventing them from being converted by any program.

There are ways to remove the DRM, but we do not allow discussion of the details of how to do the removal or of where to get the tools.

Last edited by dwig; 03-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Mimzy
Mimzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to download any extra software, but if I have to I have to.

Thank you again.
Mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
There are ways to remove the DRM, but we do not allow discussion of the details of how to do the removal or of where to get the tools.
Do a Google search for 'Apprentice Alf'.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote