Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Vox user manual on Kobo books

I just saw the Kobo Vox User Manual on the kobo ebook site. There doesn't appear to be any surprises, but I just skimmed it. here is a link: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Kobo-...1pw/page1.html
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Awesome, thanks
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I read the section on formats and PDF is NOT listed. Now, there are loads of PDF apps, so it may not be an issue (well, I have no idea what you might do with a PDF with DRM [actually I do, hehehe]).

More format stuff: It looks like the Kobo app works only with Kobo formatted ePUBs (kepubs) and DRM free ePUBS. At least for now. I find myself wondering if what Kobo is calling "fixed Layout ePUB" is a Kobo-purchased PDF (kepub for PDF). I guess we'll find out soon enough.

None of this concerns me all that much, as I tend to read kepub books and (miraculously) drm free ePUBs.

Last edited by taming; 10-27-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: more format stuff
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Thanks! I'll be all ready when my little bundle of joy is delivered.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Nice Surprise - Thanks
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #6
ronin688
Enthusiast
ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: REB-1100/ EBW-1150
Thanks for the link.

After reading the 'page turning' instructions I'm wondering if the Vox will allow page turning with finger swipes the way it does on my android app. I hold my ereaders in my left hand so it's a tough reach to tap the other side of the screen. ( Yes I can always reach over with my right hand, but I've never had to do that with my previous devices. )

I'm not sure how it works on the KT, is there any way to reverse the tap locations so I can just tap the left side of the page to go forwards not back?
ronin688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:49 AM   #7
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I downloaded the manual a few days ago. I read it, liked it and decided to order one before checking it out in the store me.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote