Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are probably not old enough to have read the book when it first came out
I doubt it. I'm only slightly younger than dirt.

ah, wait, I googled, I didn't read the book when it came out but I did see the movie at the drive-in while also having my first experience with some really nice weed.

I really should put it on my to-re-read list.

Last edited by kennyc; 10-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #77
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Is that Young Earth dirt?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #78
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Is that Young Earth dirt?
Oh no, we're talking "Original" dirt.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #79
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are probably not old enough to have read the book when it first came out
I never read the book... And it doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy...

But back OT:

In the end it's the consumer who decided what they'll want to pay and what they expect from the device for that money. If the Fire has less functionality but is also cheaper, a lot of people will not care about the lack but will praise the price. Sometimes more is less...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #80
dihao168
Banned
dihao168 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
in good price
dihao168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #81
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

ah, wait, I googled, I didn't read the book when it came out but I did see the movie at the drive-in while also having my first experience with some really nice weed.

I really should put it on my to-re-read list.
I just re-read it, and it still holds up. One of my all time favorites!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #82
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Bad news: Lenovo's tablets do not have full Android Market access. This problem emerged in the Lenovo forums, and I just double checked with Google last night and got this back:
Quote:
Thanks for writing in. At this time, that device is not supported through Android Market.

The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Android Market is an application created by Google that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install Android Market on their devices.

For more information about the Android Compatibility Program, please visit:

http://source.android.com/compatibility/index.html

If you have any further questions, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of the device directly.

If I can assist you further, please let me know.

Regards,

Brian
The Android Market Team
>
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #83
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Bad news: Lenovo's tablets do not have full Android Market access. This problem emerged in the Lenovo forums, and I just double checked with Google last night and got this back:

>
Maybe that's why the A1 has been changed to "Coming Soon" on the Lenovo site. A couple of weeks ago you could checkout with one.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #84
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Maybe that's why the A1 has been changed to "Coming Soon" on the Lenovo site. A couple of weeks ago you could checkout with one.
Hmmmm.......
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #85
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Got a reasonable review in "Which" this month.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #86
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Lenovo appears to be taking orders again, Buy Now is displaying with the A1. Which doesn't make any sense, because everyone who's ordered has received an email of the "overwhelming demand ... expect delays" variety, so why would they open it up again? And the Market issue has not been addressed, though the ad information hasn't changed and Google hasn't changed its stance on it not having the Market license.

*sigh*

I'm about ready to cancel, for good, and cough up a little more money for the HTC Flyer. If you look through Lenovo's forums, you can see they've been plagued by delays all year and are not at all apologetic for it. And some Thinkpads and Ideapads (the 10-inchers) came DOA, and customers had to pay to ship back and get a new one. That is beyond not cool. What's going on with this company?
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #87
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Lenovo appears to be taking orders again, Buy Now is displaying with the A1. Which doesn't make any sense, because everyone who's ordered has received an email of the "overwhelming demand ... expect delays" variety, so why would they open it up again? And the Market issue has not been addressed, though the ad information hasn't changed and Google hasn't changed its stance on it not having the Market license.

*sigh*

I'm about ready to cancel, for good, and cough up a little more money for the HTC Flyer. If you look through Lenovo's forums, you can see they've been plagued by delays all year and are not at all apologetic for it. And some Thinkpads and Ideapads (the 10-inchers) came DOA, and customers had to pay to ship back and get a new one. That is beyond not cool. What's going on with this company?
It's time to recognize it for what it is and move one. You've done the research, now make a logical decision. Yeah, it's puzzling what's going on with Lenovo. We're talking Lenovo here.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #88
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'm glad I didn't wait for this one and decided to spend a bit more on my flyer...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #89
Lula Ribeiro
Lula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Just ordered mine. Funny that it shows on the product descritption the estimated shipping date is 12/02/2011 but after I made the purchase it shows 11/08/11. Hope it gets to me faster.

There was a new price hike, this is the bad news. $249 before taxes

Last edited by Lula Ribeiro; 11-02-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Lula Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula Ribeiro View Post
There was a new price hike, this is the bad news. $249 before taxes
Huh??? Hasn't the price always been $249 for 16GB?
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote